WineXpert Island Mist Raspberry Peach Sangria

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
Well, took the plunge and ordered another cheapo kit since the Peach Chardonnay has been WELL accepted....::

Getting the Island Mist Raspberry Peach Sangria tomorrow, wondering if anyone has tweaked this kit with fruit in primary.

My plan is bumping the SG.

On the Peach Chardonnay I used golden raisins in primary as well as 2 cans of white Welch's concentrate grape juice. Used the whole fpack at the end.

With the Sangria I plan to add some of the fpack in primary and only bump up the SG to around 1.075 or so.

Has anyone used fruits like frozen and thaw strawberries or raspberries on the sangria style?

thanks; seems like nobody added anything in primary other than sugar.
I was wondering about fruit.

Looks like you may be the first! I'm interested in how it goes if you do - will you please post progress/results?

I'm assuming because it's such a new kit most folks haven't done it yet. I've been very happy with my 'stock' results so far, but it's only a few weeks old!

Sangria

GEEK,OTHER THAN BUMPING UP THE SG,I WOULD PLAY THIS ONE CLOSE TO THE MFG.INSTRUCTIONS ,MY ONLY DIFFERENCE I WOULD DEFINITELY MOVE THE SG TO 1.10 YOU HAVE A FPAC WITH THIS ONE ,CORRECT?ADDING FRUIT COMES WHEN THIS ONE IS CHILLED ,ORANGES ,BERRIES OR IT IT'S A WHITE SANGRIA ,GRAPES AND APPLES GO WELL,BUT AFTER THE FACT.:u THIS KIT YOUR LOOKING OF MINE CAME WITH A FPC I BUMPED IT UP WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF ORANGE EXTRACT I MADE.,

IMG_20150626_092456281.jpg

IMG_20150626_092511398.jpg

P1030105.jpg

Thanks Joe, yes I think I am thinking of just bumping up the SG, not to 1.10 though but in the 1.080 or probably the 1.090 mark.

1.090 is what I bumped the other cheapo Peach Chardonnay, the higher alcohol gets masked by the fpack sugar flavor addition...ladies get happy after a couple glasses....:h

thanks; seems like nobody added anything in primary other than sugar.
I was wondering about fruit.
If you added your question to the other thread, it would be easier for someone to find all of the information in one place and not spread out across separate threads. Plus, those who have posted in the other thread would receive a notification if they have it set up that way, making it more likely for someone who has made the kit to see your question.

Most other forums I've been on would merge these threads, but I'm not a mod, so perhaps this is how it is done here.

The clock just started, bumped SG to ~1.088.
Added just a bit of raisins, like 3oz and also a little bit of the fpack. Boy, that fpack liquid smells nice...

Peach sangria

YES THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF CHEMICALS,WHAT WONDERS DO THEY HOLD :slp

Well, the SG was 1.094 this morning after all sugar got incorporated.
It will be a bit "hot" at the end but the fpack will balance it out.
I'm sure ladies will love this one... [emoji4][emoji4]

I don't remember a ferment swinging the PH this way, I know we shouldn't worry about checking numbers on kit wines, but I usually check just because...

This kit started with a PH ~3.48 this Friday and today it shows ~2.77 :ft

Back