WineXpert Island Mist Supplement

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tradowsk

Reaction score
I scored a good deal on a clearance Island Mist Raspberry Dragon Fruit kit from my LHBS. Figure I would make some easy porch sippers. Added a gallon of Raspberry juice and white sugar to OG 1.074, and pitched QA23.

My plan is to ferment to dry, and then split the 6 gallon batch into several 1 gallon batches. Each of those smaller batches I would supplement with additional juice/fruit/whatever in secondary so I don't have 30 identical bottles of wine.

I'm looking for interesting ideas of what I can add to those 1 gallon sub-batches. So far I've thought of:
  • Lemon/lime zest
  • Lemonade powder
  • Hibiscus
  • Fresh pineapple
  • Blueberry concentrate (ikea)
  • Tart cherry juice
Any other ideas?

I scored a good deal on a clearance Island Mist Raspberry Dragon Fruit kit from my LHBS. Figure I would make some easy porch sippers. Added a gallon of Raspberry juice and white sugar to OG 1.074, and pitched QA23.

My plan is to ferment to dry, and then split the 6 gallon batch into several 1 gallon batches. Each of those smaller batches I would supplement with additional juice/fruit/whatever in secondary so I don't have 30 identical bottles of wine.

I'm looking for interesting ideas of what I can add to those 1 gallon sub-batches. So far I've thought of:
  • Lemon/lime zest
  • Lemonade powder
  • Hibiscus
  • Fresh pineapple
  • Blueberry concentrate (ikea)
  • Tart cherry juice
Any other ideas?

You could use some sort of frozen juice or juice cocktail concentrate (orange, apple, cherry, cranberry, strawberry/banana, blueberry/pomegranate) or cocktail mixures (a daiquiri one might be really good).

You could use some sort of frozen juice or juice cocktail concentrate (orange, apple, cherry, cranberry, strawberry/banana, blueberry/pomegranate) or cocktail mixures (a daiquiri one might be really good).

Agree- orchards frozen concentrate of Apple/Cherry is awesome.

Latest posts

Back