Isinglass

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjdtexan

Reaction score
When using Isinglass on a fruit wine (or any other for that matter) do I stir everything back into suspension and then add the Isinglass or do I rack off of the lees and then add the Isinglass?

Mjd

rack off the lees, but take a little bit of them with you. Not much, but it does need a little bit to get started.

mjdtexan said:
When using Isinglass on a fruit wine (or any other for that matter) do I stir everything back into suspension and then add the Isinglass or do I rack off of the lees and then add the Isinglass?

Mjd

Isinglass works best after you rack from the primary. After racking from the primary wait till the wine goes dry. 1-3 weeks. Then add the isinglass. Stir a little and wait 10-14 days and rack.
smiley20.gif

Thank yall both so much. That is what i figured, kinda. I isinglslassed 3 differnet fruit wines today. My neighbor that lets me have all of the horse manure today decided that we did not need to wait on the strawberry wine to clear today. We are all drunk right now. Really drunk. I did come home with 26 tractor dirt bucket loads of horse manure that is at least one year old today. I have decided that i am going to amend the back three acres so that I can sell 2 acres of produce and co-op 1 acre of land to help folks out.
Did I mention that we are all drunk on strawberry wine right now. It was goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood good too.,

mjdtexan said:
Thank yall both so much. That is what i figured, kinda. I isinglslassed 3 differnet fruit wines today. My neighbor that lets me have all of the horse manure today decided that we did not need to wait on the strawberry wine to clear today. We are all drunk right now. Really drunk. I did come home with 26 tractor dirt bucket loads of horse manure that is at least one year old today. I have decided that i am going to amend the back three acres so that I can sell 2 acres of produce and co-op 1 acre of land to help folks out.
Did I mention that we are all drunk on strawberry wine right now. It was goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood good too.,

MJDTEXAN,
Personally I think you are full of S__t I mean MANURE !
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

That's too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Get everybody drunk and get 26 loads of horse crap!!!!!!!

Wish I had neigbors like that! Horses next door and all I get is their smell of horse urine to enjoy!

appleman said:
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

That's too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Get everybody drunk and get 26 loads of horse crap!!!!!!!

Wish I had neigbors like that! Horses next door and all I get is their smell of horse urine to enjoy!

And all it cost me was two 750 ml of very very young strawberry wine out of the 4 liters I started with. Thank God I have started a 6 gallon batch and I have 48 pounds of strawberry frozen. Have I mentioned that I am grunk

Back