Indianapolis international wine making competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoebiedoo

Reaction score
Just got my results.
SOAVE CLASSICO bronze
PORT (from a stuck brunello) bronze
BAROLO DOUBLE GOLD :try

I am happy

Just got my results.
SOAVE CLASSICO bronze
PORT (from a stuck brunello) bronze
BAROLO DOUBLE GOLD :try

I am happy

Good for you!

This was my first-ever wine competition; I only put in a single entry.

Beginner's luck. Spaniel Cellar's 2012 Cayuga White took bronze. :try

I went backwards from silver my to bronze ty. congrats to all though. ah the illusive gold.

That's awesome!

Could someone explain how the competition works and what are the rules.

RR

Very nice, Shoe! Congrats!

Can you tell us a little more about those three wines?

Very nice, Shoe! Congrats!

Can you tell us a little more about those three wines?
RegionRat, You can get more information here: http://www.indyinternational.org/ the short of it is, $30 a varietal and you have to send them 2 bottles of each entry. That's the hard part because if you're entering it, it means you're proud of ot and you have to sacrifice those to the "AGO" gods :)

Boatboy:
The Soave was made from Moste Bello juice buckets from L'uve Bella in Youngstown Ohio. I let the just do most of the talking. Inle thing I did was add two ounces of med French toast chips during primary fermentation.

The Port was made from A Moste Bello Brunello that ended up getting a stuck fermentation at 1.01 sg. I fortified it with Everclear and back sweetened it with grape concentrate (like syrup). I also added Hungarian oak. It turned out superb but it's not a flavored port.

The Barolo is also the Moste Bello juice. it's layered with 2oz Med French oak beans and 1oz Hungarian med toast. I knew I had a good wine, not from my tastings but the reaction I got from others. I did 18 gallon last fall and it's proving to be just as good. :db:db

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back