Wisconsin state fair competition results

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood1954

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I entered two wines in this year’s competition a Marquette and a rose. Got a second place on the Marquette and a third on the rose. Not 2nd and third overall, the judges points added up to put me in those places along with other people who scored the same. Someone from Missouri I believe won overall best hybrid wine with his Chambuorcin. I think my wine did pretty well for only being 7 months old.
Thank you to Rice-Guy for getting my bottles to the competition and I believe his wine making club did the hard task of judging hundreds of wines. Looking forward to next year’s competition IMG_0229.jpeg

Congratulations 🍾🎉. Although, being a Missourian at heart I’m going to need to taste if for myself 😉

ETA, and how is someone from Missouri entering a wine in the Wisconsin State Fair? Is there a category for Wisconsin grown and vinted wines?

Congratulations 🍾🎉. Although, being a Missourian at heart I’m going to need to taste if for myself 😉

ETA, and how is someone from Missouri entering a wine in the Wisconsin State Fair? Is there a category for Wisconsin grown and vinted wines?
I think it’s open to anyone, we should meet sometime, I was just in Shawano yesterday.

I entered two wines in this year’s competition a Marquette and a rose. Got a second place on the Marquette and a third on the rose. Not 2nd and third overall, the judges points added up to put me in those places along with other people who scored the same. Someone from Missouri I believe won overall best hybrid wine with his Chambuorcin. I think my wine did pretty well for only being 7 months old.
Thank you to Rice-Guy for getting my bottles to the competition and I believe his wine making club did the hard task of judging hundreds of wines. Looking forward to next year’s competition View attachment 100999
Nice work, congrats.

Latest posts

Back