I'm back....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey_c63

Junior
Reaction score
I started out brewing many years ago, then making wine as well. I was a member of homebrewtalk (and I thought winemakingtalk as well). Available free time became less and less. Made (kit wines) occasionally. Starting to make more wine lately though. Cheers

Jovimaple, thanks.
ChuckD
RJ Spagnols. 14L kits. Bottled: A Fiero, bottled earlier last year, A Super Tuscan in Apr of '23, a S. African Sauvignon Blanc, bottled the other day and a Merlot bottled in Dec of '22. I have an Amarone en route at the moment.
I really have to take stock of all the supplies I have. I had my own equipment and then two of my fellow winemakers decided to bow out (one for health reasons). I now have all their equipment; wine racks, racking canes, carboys, Portuguese floor corkers, etc..
Cheers

Welcome to the forum,
You list lots of good toys, humm, I have a few gallons of juiced rhurbarb in the freezer and have started picking for 2023. Where in Milwaukee is Miller Place?

I have lived in Milwaukee, and I have lived in Miller Place. The Miller Place that I lived in is on Long Island, NY.

Welcome back! I’m a little “upstate” in the Hudson valley... And there’s a lot more upstate to go... Crazy hazy here and definitely campfire smelling. Goor to have you back on~

Welcome back! I’m a little “upstate” in the Hudson valley... And there’s a lot more upstate to go... Crazy hazy here and definitely campfire smelling. Goor to have you back on~
A lot of folks don't realize how big NY is. I grew up north of Utica, and at that time it was 7 hours drive to NYC. Rochester is 3.5 hours west of Rome (lived there many moons ago), and Buffalo is 2 hours past that.

When I moved to NC, I was often asked what NYC was like. Don't know, never been there. 🤣

sour_grapes, If you don't mind me asking, where'd you live in Miller Place?

I don't mind a bit, but not sure if I can give a good answer! It was a long time ago. I was working at Brookhaven National Lab as a postdoc (which is temporary employment by nature), and so I moved around quite a bit.

Also, I might have lied -- I think I was actually in Sound Beach, (but near Miller Place), just off Echo. I also lived in Coram, near the south part of Miller Place.

Last edited:
Sound Beach and Rocky Point were/are difficult to navigate because they were primarily "cottage" neighborhoods. Lots of small houses and twisty streets. People from points west would come out to the "country" for the summer. Pretty much still the same. Unfortunately (as is probably true of many other places) anywhere they can fit a house/condo/co-op, etc they will. My block and neighbors are great though.

Back