I think my FedEx guy is either an klepto or a beer/wine maker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deboard

Reaction score
So this is the second time this has happened to me. I make an order online and keep track of it through FedEx's website. I see it has been delivered (on front porch it says). I come home, nothing there. The first time no one was home, so who knows what happened? I called FedEx, and the driver got a little more angry than I really expected he would. He claimed he put it *inside* the open garage door, but it was closed all day. I suggested he may have got the wrong house, he says no. Either way, Northern Brewer was fantastic and 1 day shipped me a replacement order.

That was about a year ago. Wednesday I ordered two kits, some corks, and various supplies from High Gravity, and it was promptly shipped and I tracked it. This time, however, my wife was home. She says she heard what sounded like the Fedex truck going down our road (We live in the country with only 4 neighbors currently, so you tend to recognize vehicles), so she came downstairs to open the door, but no one came. So she looks out the window to see the FedEx truck heading back out towards the main road. This was right around noon. I see online at work that everything was delivered at 12:03, but no packages anywhere.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to make sure a neighbor didn't get it, but I'm starting to think my FedEx guy sees what he is delivering and decides to keep it. Maybe he drove near my house to register on his gps just in case any questions were asked.

I order all kinds of things from amazon and other places and have never had any other packages stolen. Just when I buy big orders that have "Brewer" in the from line and only when those are shipped by FedEx.

I'd call that Brew store, tell them what you think, ask them to put a "shipment together" of something worthless with some weight to it.. Wrap it up really good so it doesnt make a lot of noise in the packaging box.. And ask them to write a note, and put it in the box so when the punk takes it home and opens it up, it reads, "I know you're stealing my brew supplies; Karma's a _____"..

Pay for the materials, pay the shipping, have a laugh with the brew store employee... Then wait and see if the package shows up. If it doesnt, i bet the next one does

I've had numerous problems with FedEx in my area as well. I feel your pain and wish you luck in getting it resolved.

I love the idea of a sting, but he doesn't take every package, he seems pretty savvy, taking the big ones just occasionally. I'd love to think this is all a mistake, and I hope one of my neighbors finds it on their porch and gives me a call.

I was really looking forward to starting my Tempranillo kit this weekend. Oh well.

The shipper can require an authorized signature to assure delivery. Ask the brew store to do so with your shipments due to possible thefts at your drop off. FedEx is then required to attempt three deliveries to get sed signature before you will have to go to them and pick it up---if I'm not mistaken.

Good luck!

I agree with DangerDave, start requiring a signature or can you have you packages shipped to your place of work? This is what I do, I have everything shipped to my office.

I agree, I'm going to have to start requiring the signature when shipping Fedex. It's annoying but I'd rather get my stuff.

I agree with DangerDave, start requiring a signature or can you have you packages shipped to your place of work? This is what I do, I have everything shipped to my office.

But Julie, your office is 500 feet from your home. LOL. Wish I worked that close.

As a business owner, I can tell you that the problem with FedEx lies in the fact that they are all subcontractors, they do not work directly for the company,, but for someone that bid on a few routes and won, then they hire the cheapest labor that they can legally find. This only gets worse around the holidays.
These guys have little vested interest in FedEx besides getting a paycheck through their route owner.
I had over $450.00 worth of damages with FedEx before I dropped them as a carrier, that's $450.00 in claims that they denied stating that i didn't know how to pack a box and they would send a Packaging expert to train me.......well...I politely (not really) told them where they could send their packaging expert and cancelled my agreement with them.
FedEx has been known to toss packages off the truck that they cannot deliver in time (seriously!) and drop packages off anywhere on a street in order to get the GPS location marked as delivered.
Start bitching about it now, call FedEx and start complaining hard.
With UPS, if you report a package as undelivered and they say they delivered it, they will have a GPS satellite photo of their truck in front of your locations with date and time stamp, trust me, I experienced this first hand.

Sorry for the long post, but FedEx pisses me off...LOL!

So there is a happy ending, my neighbor contacted me and said he found them in his garage. Still not happy with Fedex, but this is way better than dealing with them to get everything rectified.

Hummmm, he gas 2 CA boys huh and that's where your wine supplies got lost that s yme and most likely last time!!!!!!

Yeah it makes you wonder what they're really up to or what kind of skeletons they have in their closets.

I had the same problem and called fedex and found out they were shipping to the wrong address, I had to walk a couple blocks down the street and retrieve 50 lbs of frozen grapes from some guy who had no idea what was delivered to his house.

Back