I just love this time of year!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now these are some wine diamonds, right here! That's about 4-1/2 gallons worth of tartrates. Bottled the first of the muscadine today.

I think this turned out very beautiful. It has gotten good reviews. Too bad the grapes just were not quite up to what they were last year so it could not be a competition wine. Still very flavorful, though I had to add some acid blend to compensate for the grapes. It's a 100% juice recipe.

I had to blend in some muscadine wine from last year to make this a 15 gallon batch. I've bottled 10 gallons of this so far, have 5 now in the fridge precipitating, then will be done with it. Then I can move on to the blueberry and blackberry, both of which used second pressing grapes from the muscadine as a flavor backdrop.

Most times the tartrates are out of the grapes by second pressing, so bottling can move faster with the berry wines, but I'll run a test gallon though the cold just to be sure. I like to make sure they do not form in my bottled product.

Last edited:
Back