I just have to let off some steam

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomy

Reaction score
Seems my daughter is calling my wife to go gether kids from here or there a couple times a week. I thought when you decided to have kids they were the 1st priorty over most every thing untill you get them raised up so they can manage by themselves. Where is the hubby you burn the bra gals may ask, he is working 2 jobs to keep a roof over their head, food in their belly, and educate them in school. My daughter is working for $5 a hour take home pay if one figures every thing in to the equation of extra car, gas, insurance,taxes, ect. So her income goes to Wall Mart junk, and non necessary things it takes to live a normal life. Mean while the kids are being raised by the school & baby sitters, as mom is too busy at her job to raise her kids. I sugested to my daughter to go back to school and get her nursing degree, as she works in the health field, I would even help pay for her education. I was handed my hat on that sugestion. I guess I am too old school to see the advantages of having the school and baby sitters raising your kids. Tomy

I can understand where you are coming from Tomy. I will refrain from getting into this, especially at Christmas, but I don't disagree with you. Make some wine to keep busy and help them when you can.

...Tomy....N.Illinois where the Hoot Owls make love to the Chicken Hawks

Gee...they say that about where I live...but not quite in those words....
smiley4.gif

I can add to this.......

It takes a village to raise a child...........

Your an important part of that village, take advantage of it while you can. Someday those kids will be all grown up and have a life of their own. Be proud that you can play such an important roll, even if it seems unfair at times.

My wife is going to nursing school as we speak. She makes good money right now working with the mentally challenged for the State of Ct. but that place has not taken in any new clients in a long time and are slowly closing shop. When that is done as she does not have a degree or anything she would be reduced in pay by about 80% and without state benefits so it was time for her to do some schooling to be able to resume her pay level. She works about 28 hours weekly which isnt a whole lot but the benefits are priceless. If they were to close right now we would be devasted. the kids go to daycare twice a week and go to school. Its tough as we dont have baby sitters and dont get any free time to ourselves but thats the $ you pay for love!

Tomy: I know where you are coming from! How does your wife feel about this? Is she complaining? I have found that sometimes it is better to accept it rather than have discontent with the wife. I think you are right to blow off steam here on the forum rather than at home!!!

Latest posts

Back