I have updates!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well my MM Chard and homemade Blueberry went into the bottle this weekend. I Oaked the BB for a month and I think I am happy with it. I have to say it is very oak intensive. I am sure everything is going to mellow with in a few months. As long as it is good around Thanksgiving I will be happy. I also oaked the MM chard for a month more than the instructions. I am VERY pleased with this one. If you haven done one of there MM concentrated kits it is a very good wine for less than a 100 bucks.

Oh and my wife is not so happy that I removed the produce and meat drawers from the fridge to help clear the peach project I started a few weeks ago.
20080728_192542_DSCN1547.JPG
20080728_192658_DSCN1548.JPG

Edited by: First Time Wine

Tell me about your peach project, FTW. What do you hope to accomplish by chilling it?

Well...

I degassed very very throughly and put some Super Kleer in it. It hasn't dramatically started clearing and I was hoping cooling it down would help we at least that what I have heard.

I am open for suggestions.

Should warm it back up to clear FTW, what your doing with the fridge I believe would be cold stabilization, trying to throw some acid off in the form of tartaric crystals. Super clear works very fast, but needs to be back at room temps to do so.

Peach wines in general take a bit of time to clear nicely. I am with JW on this one- the cold temperatures will not do much to clear this wine with SuperKleer. Bring the temps up to mid 70's for good results. If that doesn't work then give it more time.

I also agree to an extent. If you just added the fining agent you should give it a few weeks with the agent to do its job. After that I believe cooler temps help clear a wine. The fining agents do require warmer temps to do there job.

I love seeing bottles of wine all lined up and ready to be enjoyed....and ready to be labeled.

Will you also share your labels with us?????

The labels are a work in progress right now, but as soon as I land on a couple ideas I will get the opinions of the gang...

Latest posts

Back