I can see the light

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavisstwineco

Reaction score
I'm on top of the world. I just started a batch of dragons blood 6 gallons (courtesy of danger Dave w/tweaks). My concord is clearing up beautifully after just one week. I can see light coming through the carboy now and I can't wait to drink some.

I have found a new outlet through winemaking and I have never been happier.

I am currently sipping some domaine du Baque aka summer in a bottle. The only thing that comes to mind is one day I will make something better!

Thanks to all the winemaking vets on the forum for making my experience much easier.

A quick word of advise. When you take the D.B. out of primary it is time to start another batch. Either that or skeeter pee. Both of them have the poof factor. Poof and they are gone. Good luck with them, Arne.

I have to try both Skeeter Pee and Dragon's Blood. I started with a few kit wines, and I have to say that making wine from a recipe is so much more exciting, and like you, I feel a new happy outlet. I can't wait to have a collection to open, though. Waiting, waiting, waiting. :)

And waiting, waiting, waiting. You learn patience here, big time. I remember my joy at seeing my first wine clear, how it started at the top and worked its way down. Still get giddy when I see a batch clearing.

Back