hurricaines coming my way

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The path this storm took kept my home in the north east quadrant most of the day. My home came out undamaged but the storm sturge, plus massive amounts of rain over numerous days, is really causing havoc down here. I am still on generator power.

Something impressive is that the Mississippi River was flowing at around 125,000 CFS down river. When the some surge came in, it actually reversed the flow of the river and the water was moving upstream at 185,000 CFS.

WOW that is amazing. It would have been cool to see video's of it changing when the surge came through. Probably not the safest time to have been out with a camera though.

well, we made it, what a ride. power back on a few minutes ago, we took a direct hit, got it from both directions, the dang thing stopped over us and we stayed in the eye for 4 hours. a tug tied in the bayou next to me clocked
constant wind over 120 for over an hour. got rteally bad about 2 am .water. it's a mess here but cleanup is started as usual. crews from out of state arrived to help local power company. damage to my home for the first time, insurance ajuster coming tuesday mourning for damage accesment. quite abit of roof damage, a complete seperation wall was knocked down behind my house and fell on one of our boats, garage door blew open ( torn framing off the wall where door would track open)knocking over and letting rain overtake generator, gutters on house torn off from weight of constant rain and wind, damage to area around my pool , roof damage to cabana,trees down everywheres (a few trees 36 inches across snaped like a matchstick about 3 foot above ground), lost most of my fruit trees . most all houses in my street (all family)have roof damage

despite the crazy time we spent hunkered down we're all ok, was miserable the past few days with no power, i had to buy another generator to keep the family comfy, all my kids and inlaws were here, some slept thru it all, some of us were up for three days without sleep, thru the storm i patroled the street with a slicker on, almost getting blown off the 4 wheeler a couple times. what i remember most was right before the eye wall hit us i took a qucik ride to check on family and the rain was salty like seawater. raining salt water don't taste very good

we're fine, won't be very active for the next few days because of cleanup, i was delaying most of my mess until the insurance people arrive but tommorow after they leave we start the pain in the butt work of repairing and cleaning

thanks for the prayers and support from you guys

Like This Unlike

Last edited:
BG7mm, thanks for posting and so glad to hear you and your family are ok.

dan, wish i could have taken pics for you but i think the camera wouldn't have made it thru the things flying around here

Glad you are alright. I have a fealing that this is going to be a bad year for hurricanes!!!!!

Latest posts

Back