How many ounces of raisins should I use to add body, per gal?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone else may want to correct me here but I remember hearing something like 8 to 10oz per gallon. Just make sure you chop each and every one.
I have also heard that white grape juice concentrate will work as well but I have never tried it.

Don't know what you are adding it to but when I added them to my wine, Vino Europa, I used 2 lbs for 6 gal.

Someone else may want to correct me here but I remember hearing something like 8 to 10oz per gallon. Just make sure you chop each and every one.
I have also heard that white grape juice concentrate will work as well but I have never tried it.

Thanks!

I'm going to chop them in a cuisinart.

NO reason to chop them up. Doing so will make it harder to remove.

I use 2+#'s per 6 gallons

Yea if you have a paint straining bag .. ues it but remember raisins will double+ in size

Why do peeps keep talking about Raisins - I had heard they give a much stronger flavour to a must, and that Sultanas are a less intrusive choice.

Now if u a re making Raisin wine I could understand - by if u are making Plum or Peach wine, why do u want it tasting of raisins?

Latest posts

Back