How many carboys do you own?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many carboys do you own? (3-gallon or higher)

• 10 - 20 (addicted)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 - 30 (wino)

• 30+ (insane)

• Total voters
It's like building a stairs Wade...one step at a time..
smiley2.gif

It looks like I am in the majority range. I have two 6 gals and
three 5 gals. At the moment, I can see the need for 2 more 6 gals.

Currently, one of the 5's has a chardonnay, my first kit. One of
the 6's has my second kit, an Amarone. The other 6er has my apple
cider. The other two 5's are for beer. One has a Czech
Pilsner and the other has a PNW Winter beer.

I have two more kits in the wing waiting to get started.

Well, you see, the State of Oklahoma allows me to make up to 200 gallons per year without having to be licensed. Since I'm just paranoid enough to suspect that somebody from the state ABC board belongs to this forum, I better not tell how many 6s and 5s I've got !
smiley23.gif
Just kidding. I actually have six 6's bulk aging to be bottled for June weddings. I generally keep my 1-gallons working on experiments. Problem is, I just hate it when we LIKE one of the experiments and we've only got one gallon - then we have to wait for a six-gallon batch. Just trying to keep up with the recipes you guys post is a full-time job - and I think that puts me in the addict category. Thanks guys !!
smiley31.gif

Country Vines,
Don't worry about the Revenuers. Just list those 10 - 55 gallon barrels in your basement as 1 carboy each and it won't look too bad!
smiley36.gif

I keep trying to make a little more space in the house so I can breath, but it just doesn't happen.
smiley5.gif
As soon as Bert sees space he puts another carboy there. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just whining a little. And then there's the scrapbooking stuff... That seems to occupy a lot of space. And then there's our books. I can't get rid of them. Oh yeah, the candle making supplies. And jerky supplies. And of course we need a place to rest after playing with the toys... All our kids are gone but we still don't have enough space!
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

2-6gal
2-5gal
2-3gal
4-1gal
All full exept one 6 gallon and the kit is in the mail should be here today, and 2 one gallons. Edited by: jsmahoney

I started this hobby 33 days ago. Have five 6 gal carboys, three full and one more on the way.
smiley1.gif

<div align="center">Do I have potential?

PS I note someone has an Amarone going. I have one about to begin primary adn wold appreciate advice on that from a non newbie

No matter how many times I'm asked this question, the answer is the same...Not Enough!

I'm only addicted now, but will definetly be going insane at this rate.
smiley3.gif

Dave

3- 6 gal
8- 5 gal
1-2 1/2 gal
6- 1 gal

I see a pattern here you just cant have one.

Im no different 4 6g 4 5g and a loney 3 g widh my house was bigger.

I have 80 5 gallon and 20 3 gallon carboys in all but only about 40 or so in use right now. I think that qualifies near the insane end of the spectrum.

Id say so Tex! Im up to 6-6gal, 3-5 gal, 2-3gal, 4-1 gal, and 1 3 liter.

I am in the hooked category. 7 6 gal. 4 are full, and I forsee needing at least two more!

1 - 6 1/2 gallon
2 - 6 gallon
3 - 5 gallon
3 - 1/2 gallon

I also have the big plastic fermenation bucket for primary for wine.

I'm hooked and wanting to buy another 6 gallon...I really wish I would have bought a 6 gallon instead of6 1/2 gallon.

Due to recent events I have been forced to increasecarboy inventory. (Now = 10) How this happens I'm not really sure, it was all so fast...
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy have more wine supplies. In order for me to justify my working inventory I will have to keep my production up...

I am finding out that I can only consume a certain level of my product and remain functional. Given this revelation I think production will exceed consumption.Edited by: SBRanch

Back