How many carboys do you own?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many carboys do you own? (3-gallon or higher)

• 10 - 20 (addicted)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 - 30 (wino)

• 30+ (insane)

• Total voters
Right now I'm hooked 4-5 gal, 3-1gal
but soon to be addicted. I have 3-5 gal in the mail. Come on UPS!!!

I've got 8 six gallon carboys, 6 five gallon carboys, and 3 three gallon carboys. And then about 10 one gallon apple juice jugs for one gallon batches.

smiley2.gif

I have 26- 6gallon carboys aging.

Only 4 empty
smiley19.gif

We have 10-6 gallons, 4-5 gallons, 2 3-gallons and about 10 1-gallon jugs. That's just plain crazy!...no matter how you look at it. Especially when they are full more than they are empty at any time of the year!

I have been at this wine making for less than year...11 6 gal. 4 6-1/2 gal., and they are all full... I need more glass!!!!!!!

I have way too many - unused

Anyway, my totals are:

8 - 1's
4 - 2.8's
6 - 3's
15 - 5's
1 - 6's
6 - 6.5's

but, I bought 18 from a old time winemaker who got too old and did not want to continue.
I was able to get them all for $5 each - and theyare all mexican and a few italian and all in boxes. This was a score!!

BUT, 2009 harvest is here so will use quite a few of them soon.

running out of room - - -

later

rrawhide

ps: you can look at the 'Forum member intro' posts and check out 'hello from detroit' and you will see what I am talking about.

I just moved from "hooked" to "addictied" when I found six 5 gallon jobbies for $20 each that I picked up locally. My wife is moving beyond concerned...

Maybe it's time for a new version of the poll. See how we're coming along.

In the "Hooked" section, almost in the Addicted. Have just enough, though, to keep my supply going at an adequate rate.

a better question for me is how many have a i broke...and to that i would add what is the worth of the wine i have lost when i have dropped or had other accidents when i have broken carboys....last week i had something fall on a carboy that had 900 dollars of wine in it.....ooh ouch! 'had' being the operative word!

Sine Al has now gone commercial and sells his wine, he knows exactly what a carboy of his wine is worth.

yep it was 900 retail...and all of it would have sold in short order ugh..what ya gonna do...things happen...to top it all off i had to clean the mess

Latest posts

Back