How do i get these problems LOL

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
A buddy of mine really likes Mogen David wine. It is way to sweet for me . I like off dry wines and usually sweeten. to a bit over 1% by volume.
This gent is an 80+ year old biker buddy. He is from the northern USA and is one of the most polite human beings i have ever met and he still rides his ultra glide as well as anyone.

I want to give hime a bottle of my concord for christmas and would like to inquire as to wheather anyone knows how much sugar i need to add to come close to the sweetness of the mogen david wine???

A quick and easy way to find out would be to measure the SG of the Mogen David wine and youwill know what the sugar level is and then calculate the amount to add.

I bet he'd even give you a sample if you asked for it! Just be sure you don't transport an open container!
smiley18.gif

If i have to buy the mogen david i could just put it in one of my bottles and tell him I made it.

That was a sneaky reply
smiley36.gif

ill ask for a sample or just go to his place with the test equipment.
smiley4.gif

Instead of using sugar to sweeten it back up, use concord concentrate (like Welch's).

Thats the idea. I also have some grape wine conditioner.
I will experiment in a small beaker with measurements and then make up one bottle for him.

I bet he'll be thrilled that someone recognizes and respects what he enjoys and will make him his own custom blend. How great to have a friend like you, Scotty!
smiley32.gif

My lady friend will also design a custom label for Him.
She is working on something for the employees at the Harley dealer and also another for the Eye doctors office.
The Harley one will be called Rolling thunder or something similar.
Actually i could use suggestions for a name.
I intend to print "no rice used in this product" on the label. I asked her to replace the goldwing picture thoughEdited by: scotty

Wine conditioner will work (it has sorbate in it already), but it won't add the concord flavor back into the wine like Welch's frozen concentrate will.

This batch of wine im making is not anything special. Its just an experiment any way

I will do the next batch of welches with fully reconstituted grape juice and not miss any of the proper steps.
My sangeovese is still aging nicele in the back room. It is also dropping lots more bentonite. This surprised me.

Latest posts

Back