Quantcast

How do i know what type of wine I got

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Jasper24

Reaction score
Good evening,

This may sound silly of me being a newby and all, but I am thinking about entering the upcoming amateur wine competition coming up in November.

I have a simple watermelon wine that I am about to bottle. I don't expect an award but I would like to see how it would be judged.

Shipping and entry fees are low so the question is "What kind of wine do I have."

My wine is watermelon about 15% to 16% ABV. Is this a dessert wine or is it a regular wine of the fruit non grape variety?

I look at the categories on the competitions website and I have the wine listed as a cat 5 subclass F Watermelon.

Can anyone please help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Hallie

Stressbaby

Just a Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could post a link to the site which has the categories.

salcoco

Veteran Wine Maker
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I think your concern is the abv elevating the wine to a different category. since you have not sated the residual sugar not sure if it would fit the dessert wine category. I would suggest fruit non grape variety.

Jasper24

Reaction score
Maybe you could post a link to the site which has the categories.
There is a link posted in the forum page under competitions, meetups at the bottom of the main forum page.

There is a complete list of rules and categories she you go to the main menu under the web page link.

Thanks

Latest posts