How big is your wine collection (round 2)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many total bottles of wine are in your collection?

• 1-47

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 48-104

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • 105-157

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • 158-234

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • 235-375

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • 376-495

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • 496-674

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 675-891

• 892-1154

• 1155+

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skiboarder72

Reaction score
Alright well me being newbie back in the day, I thought I was tough stuff with 40 bottles in my wine cellar. Well since then I've built a new wine cellar and have started filling it.

20110104_chateau_jones_0020.jpg

I guess last time I underestimated everyone on here. So here again is a quick survey on how many bottles of wine you have in your total collection! Happy voting! :try

Just short of 100, but with the 21 gallons going right now, that is soon to change. Plus another 5 gallons of skeeter pee ready to start. It might take a few more batches, but I'll catch your numbers Wade! Or atleast have fun trying.

I think Tom may always be the winner on this. Im around 995 right now but would be in that next bracket easily if I got off my butt and started bottling. I have a few batches down there from 2009 and many early 2010.

Collect wine? Strange concept. I thought you were supposed to drink it? :D

I agree Larry. I have a hard time not drinking mine but I'm getting better than when I first started a little over a year ago. Now I try to do some quick drinkers like the Island mist kits along with my regular kits or fruit batches. I can drink the Island mist ones while I'm waiting for the others to age.
Oh, and by the way I have 186 bottles presently and 31 gallons in carboys. I know it pales in comparison to most others around here but I'm slowly growing.:D

I unfortunately had to vote in the first catregory to be honest, however I do have a modest 65-70 gallons in various stages in carboys. If it were all bottled I could move up a few categories. I'll be bottling end of March in anticipation of Chilean juices being available in April.

Alright who is in competition with Tom??????????? I see there are two people with 1155+ category.

Alright who is in competition with Tom??????????? I see there are two people with 1155+ category.

I would say that would be Good Ole Dan......I have high hopes for this summer, however I don't think I'll reach the 1000 bottle mark for quite a while. I would be happy to be able to achieve and maintain a 300-400 mark.

This time last year I had just bottled my first batch... over the summer we were up over 100 bottles... during the year we probably made 200+.... at the moment we have 3 bottles that we made left and 10 store bought bottles.

This year will be different though.... yea... this year.... =)

OMG
I see there 2 others that have a big collection (1150+)in their cellar

Now it is up to 3????????????? I'm having a hard time believing that there are two others making just as much or more than Tom.

Well it is not me I have over 100 on the rack and 30 gal bulkageing and I keep making Skeeter pee and bottling it but it goes out the door as fast I make it. I made the mistake of giving it out at work for Christmas and now they keep coming back for more. (just kidding I love it that they keep coming back).. I get to keep making it which is the fun of it and they actually like someting I make. I have changed a few minds about home made wine.. hehehe Thaks to all of you that have helpend me along the way!!!:r:db:r

Presently I have around 1450 bottles, with 150 being commercial wines.
Wine presently not bottled from multiple vintages currently in barrels, kegs or carboys would give me another 1500.

Good lord man are you a winery... haha 3000 bottles of wine...??? You will never be thirsty.. :dg

Somewhere over 1200 bottled and the equivalent of over 500 bottles in carboys. Keeping in mind I only make 5-7 gallon batches, my inventory is very diverse. Whats really cool the university in town here served my wine at Mass this past weekend.

Back