Finer Wine Kit Holy Semi-Commercial Batman! Or where do I get 100L fermenters?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Riesling is very tempting to me since I didn't find a convenient local source of fresh white grapes this year. And it's like 1/3 to 1/4 the price per finished volume of Brehm frozen Riesling. I have nowhere near the capacity to make that large of a batch though but I'd guess that the concentrate would keep quality well in a chest freezer split across multiple filled-up milk jugs.

FWK introduces the Winery Series! - Apx 61L - 77L depending upon the version. Able to order up to 12 skin kits and a pound of seed. Thank the Lord that I just do not have room to scale up to this size, it will keep me sane.
I'm tempted! To bring everyone to earth, 100 liters is only 26.41 gallons, that 32 gallon Brute is just waiting. I'll have skins and seeds from my grapes. Oh the temptation!

You’re all not helping. Doing this in a forte style comes to something like $3 or $4 a bottle depending on shipping. Now I’m not helping.
Dude. You need help. What part of "Make more wine than you can drink" do you NOT understand?

🤣

I’m tempted to try these, looks like they’re about 3 times the size of a regular size. Not understanding why they recommend 9-12 bags of grape skins for the big body when Forte only gets two bags and that would imply 6 is forte level. Wonder if the grape skin bags have shrunk? Also wondering how much seeds to emulate the regular forte recipe as well as what exactly is in the add package.

1. Never spend money on yourself.
2. Buy used. Fix it when it breaks.
3. Only buy her fabulous things.
4. Never discuss winemaking purchases.

Voila.

If this doesn't work the mistake occurred long ago and it is unlikely there is a workable solution.
It only takes 6 words to keep a relationship together. Even if it is a past mistake they lead to a workable solution.

I understand,
Yes dear...
I'm sorry!

Use them all together, or on their own. Never share your opinion, or try to explain yourself. You will back on thin ice in no time.

Last edited:
I placed 4 pre-orders for these in the last week, one each Syrah, Merlot, Zinfandel, and Petite Sirah. All with Forte packs and Forte level grape skins. I plan to split each kit in 2 and ferment each 1/2 with different yeast
Excellent experiment Jim. Will be eagerly awaiting your results :r

Thanks, I’ve actually been doing this by buying 2 identical FWKs together and using 2 different yeast on them. Quite amazing how quite often they will seem like 2 entirely different wines.
Curious which wines you've done - using what yeasts -- and the feedback on each?

Cheers!

I jumped in on this one, with a Zin that I'll put together as a Forte. So happy and can't wait for delivery.

As far as 100-liter (or larger) fermenter, I'm breaking out my food-grade (gray) Rubbermaid trash cans that I used to ferment fresh grapes.

Back