HOLIDAY SPIRIT

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
In keeping with 'The Holiday Spirit' I have introduced a Holiday Avatar to my profile...[as others have].......
smiley4.gif

I think I have too much time on my hands....

whooo that puts me in the holiday spirit, wait till Santa sees that one. Someday I will change mine (when I learn how)!

Wooo NW, you so crazy!
smiley17.gif
Scott first you will have to download an avatar from a website that is under 35kb and then go to the top of this page where it says settings and click on that, then click on edit profile, then scroll down and find the avatar area and click on some of the free 1's that are there or click on avatar upload and browse your coputer till you fing=d what you downloaded before. It really sounds more complicated then it is.

You can even use the link to the avatar from the site you find it. Just cut and paste it into the http:// box

I had to blow that up NW. I thought I was seeing a ladies leg there.......... and then I saw that I was seeing a ladies leg! Jobe should like that one eh?

Thanks for the help Wade, this is as close to christmas as I can find
smiley2.gif

Had to almost force myself to get the tree up today.....
Maybe now I'll get in the Christmas spirit.

ctSmall.jpg

Did the apple tree this year....Love RED</font>...can you tell???

Looks like all the ornaments have been soaking in your Chokecherry wine.

I've been thinking about a tree myself.....When I moved out of the apartment I threw away my old artificial one...so now I'm thinking if I want to go live...The only thing about Texas...is that I don't know how long the trees have been on trucks coming from up north. Blue spruce is my favorite. Live trees I've had in the past really dry up...but then again maybe one with a dirt ball on it so I can plant it in the yard.....Just contemplating.. Beautiful tree NW.

Oh, and I notice your ferns....how do you keep them so beautiful inside...is it because it is cool there? And is that a banana tree?

Ramona

Edited by: rgecaprock

Ramona,
The fern and all the house plants get all the leftover tea and coffee...I water it a little bit every few days....I just cut it back so it wouldn't topple over...It sheds a lot....messy.
The other plant is a Bird of Paradise....It has never bloomed...suppose to be white if it does. It's tied to the wall because the leaves are so big.
It's pretty warm in that room....lots of heat from the sun and now the floor is heated.

Think all the plants like the tea and coffee.

Edited by: Northern Winos

rgecaprock said:
I've been thinking about a tree myself.....When I moved out of the apartment I threw away my old artificial one...so now I'm thinking if I want to go live...The only thing about Texas...is that I don't know how long the trees have been on trucks coming from up north. Blue spruce is my favorite. Live trees I've had in the past really dry up...but then again maybe one with a dirt ball on it so I can plant it in the yard.....Just contemplating.. Beautiful tree NW.

Oh, and I notice your ferns....how do you keep them so beautiful inside...is it because it is cool there? And is that a banana tree?

Ramona

Ramona: I don't know if you got your tree yet, but my wife learned a secret years ago to revive a tree once it gets home.

Cut the first inch off the bottom of the tree (like most of us do), once it's in the house and set up, add HOT </font>Water to the tree for the first couple of waterings. This opens up the pours and softens the sap to allow it to start drinking again.

I thought she was nuts at first, but it really gets the tree drinking. Right now we are adding about 5 to 6 quarts of water a day. That will slow, but by Jan 1, the tree is still alive and green................

Put some of your wine in there and then youll really see it start drinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley4.gif

Our cats always drank the tree water...so we went to a fake one...

As well there was other reasons...

I use to drive around and cut trees from roadsides...No yards. Jim would always cringe and wonder where I got it.....
smiley4.gif

Then he started taking me out to our swamp to cut some when they got large enough....Keeping me off the streets.

Then we moved....On our many trips coming up here...I would always comment..."There's a nice one"....He'd cringe....Much to his dismay...He suggested a fake tree....He said he didn't want to meet the new neighbors..."That way"...

So, we have a fake tree and the few spruce trees along the abandoned railway tracks live on.

Its fake for us as our cats will sit there and eat all the needles off the tree and then puke it all up all over the carpet.
smiley7.gif

Latest posts

Back