Other Hi End Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiz

Reaction score
I live in Costa Rica and a friend that travels frequently between here and the the U.S. will mule back to us wine kits. We are intested in Amarone, Brunello and Barolo. We are interested in high end kits. Through experience, I am interested in comments those of you that have used these kits what is recommended.

I think the WE Italian Brunello kit is very good. It's a Selection kit (18L) with skins. I bottled mine almost six months ago... I'm having a hard time leaving it alone!

I really like the WE Selection International Amarone with skins. It's designed to drink a little quicker. I started mine 9 months ago and it is very good already. I Just started the Cellar Craft Showcase Amarone and have high hopes for it. It is liked very much by many on this forum. I have only done one Barolo style wine and it was a limited edition so I don't have much help there.

Thanks for the WE tips. How about those kits carried by George from the Toy store? Mosti Mondiale, Cellar Craaft, RJ Spagnols? Thanks.

Thanks for the WE tips. How about those kits carried by George from the Toy store? Mosti Mondiale, Cellar Craaft, RJ Spagnols? Thanks.

Haven't done one yet, but from what I've read, the RJS En Primeur Amarone is outstanding, with the CC Showcase also being very good.

I hope to do the EP Amarone later this year.

I have done Amarone every year for the last 10 years or so. I have done the Mosti Renaissance and Renaissance Impressions and on a scale of 1-10, I would give them a 6. CC Showcase has been my mainstay Amarone and I would rate that an 8 or 9.

I have also been interested in the En Premier and the Winery Series Amarone. Has anyone done both and how do they compare?

RJS Winery Series is also a perennial favorite on the forum. Any of them and George does sell them. CC Showcase is also one of the best as well.

I have made the CC Showcase it is great.

Back