Hey Wade E! RE:Enzymes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SovereignSons

Junior
Reaction score
Hello again. You recommended the Lafase HE Gran Cru enzyme, but the manufacturer says it is for reds that are intended to cellar. I and my partner in crime usually start drinking it within the first year of being bottled, and I've already consumed 90% of my '08 and 50% of my '09.

Should I use just any old pectic enzyme since we're not laying this stuff down? I ask b/c I'd have to mail-order the Lafase and I'd prefer to keep my local supplier in business.

Well probably then, Im glad to see you still have some 08 wine.

you're saying probably i should use any old pectic enzyme?

my hope is to keep back-logging more and more each year so i have nice vintages a few years down the road--i can definitely taste the difference between the 08 now and when we first tasted it.

but we don't have access to the best quality grapes to begin with (regina), so basically our goal is just to put out decent table wine every year.

The liquid is usually only good for a year. Keep it in the refer, the powder is good for alot longer, obviously. You should use fresh p.e. The liquid is only about $3.00 a bottle, that will do 24 six gallon pails.

LOL, sorry I didn't literally mean "old." I just meant "any type of pectic enzyme" as opposed to the Lafase HE Grand Cru specifically, as Wade had previously recommended to me. You know, like "oh, you can do that any old way."

Latest posts

Back