• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hey Michiganders, check out eBay.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only problem with demi johns is they are so fragile. As long as you don't move them once filled they are OK, but don't try and tip them or they will shatter. If gas had not just hit $4 a gallon, the trip may have been worth it.

Last edited:
Gerard, Anything made of glass is subject to breakage but as Wade points out it has the protective "basket" shown in the background. I have one and the only issue I have is moving it when it is full. I made a little platform dolly with casters so I can move it around my winemaking area. I just try to make sure I pick the spot that I want to keep it while the wine ages and I have had no problem. I do agree that it should not be used as a receiving vessel under vacuum with a pump system. If I were anywhere near it, I would snag it in a heartbeat.

Latest posts

Back