Here it is! Our first finished batch!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So excited! Our first try at wine making was a success! Our Late Harvest Riesling is beautiful, bottled and tastes FABULOUS! ...Granted, this wine was from a wine kit, but we did it without turning it into vinegar none-the-less! Yay for us :) ...the bottle with the gold shrink is our very first bottle ;)

First batch of wine.jpg

Very nice and congrats! Looks good and the labels are cool.

If you start drinking some of it fairly soon, at least put a few bottles away for later.

Very nice! Now wait a few months to open. For me that's the hardest part.

Very nice, congrats! I remember the pride I had with my first batch......nothing like it, enjoy the moment!

Well done. Bit of a surprising choice for a first wine, but hey if you like it. I wish I could make a batch of it, but it's too sweet for this diabetic.

Steve

You have now been assimilated!!!!! Welcome :b

And the label looks awesome

Steve

Looking good there. Not sure if yoiu know the drill but everytime someone makes there first wine they are supposed to send all the mods here a bottle!! LOL :)

Thanks everyone!! Yes we designed the labels ourselves - my husband came up with the name... Imagine that ;) Thought it was a great play on words though!

We chose Riesling as our first because it's my favorite - hubby wanted to do a Pinot first, but...I won ;) I have a bit of a sweet tooth - can't even drink my coffee without 2 tsp. sugar in it. So, I love Rieslings, Moscatos and "fruit" wines. I do enjoy a Merlot or Pinot Noir if it's very full. I get TERRIBLE headaches from the histamines in reds though, so I have to be careful :(

Currently on tap we have an apple, peach and plum. We just bottled our Pinot Noir last night!

...Oh and Wade, I'll get those bottles out to the mods right away ;)

Latest posts

Back