My first wine ever-good success !

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fruit

Reaction score
Yesterday I tried my first wine ever.
Meyer Lemon wine, made end of November 22, I used juice only and also fermented in a bag (juice was extracted manually and was not perfectly filtered, there were some small remains of fruits in it).
I racked it twice (first from primary fermenter and then only once more) and wine is beautifully clear, practically nearly none sediment on the bottom now.
Dry, very clear wine and tastes beautifully, success !
I am going to keep it in a small, glass carboys for another couple months...soon I will start to ask silly questions about bottling.

I started with choke cherries last fall. Small batch sampled and shared until now we have one precious bottle actually aging. Raspberry was next…not as exquisite as the choke cherry, but good. Two bottles aging. Sounds pretty pathetic, but this is all happening in my kitchen! And we sample and share. Apple wine, from gala store apples is on the counter. I am considering bentonite, as it’s cloudy, though it has only been sitting in gallon jugs for about a month. It’s an adventure! Next is strawberry.

Back