Help, I need a bold red kit wine for my wife

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started my WS super Tuscan tonight. Added ft tannin to primary and squeezed the merlot grapes several times. Excited about this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Just started my WS super Tuscan tonight. Added ft tannin to primary and squeezed the merlot grapes several times.
Carlos your wife is in for a treat with this one. I just thought of something funny concerning wives and grape squeezing but if I post it the Mods will delete my post so just use your imagination and keep squeezing till you remove them:HB.

Last edited:
Carlos your wife is on for a treat with this one. I just thought of something funny concerning wives and grape squeezing but if I post it the Mods will delete my post so just use your imagination and keep squeezing till you remove them:HB.

Lmao. Yes sir will keep on squeezing

136.79 at FVW. That's "club" price, but everybody is in the "growers club" just for signing up. Mine was actually $10 less than that because it was on sale at the time. George has monthly sales on different items.

Thanks just getting a feel for what a good price for it is. Being in Canada I guess the overall price is lower. My local shop sells it for $122.99...

End of the day it's only few dollars lol

You guys are awful..

They had the RJS winery series on sale at a local shop, 103$ had to pick up the ST after all the rave reviews here on the site. Pitched it without tweaks and is now racked into the secondary.

And to top it all off his little buddy the Winery series OVZ followed him home.

The wife complains about all the wine in the cellar but she doesn't complain when drinking it after at least a year of aging.

Anyway no idea what these will taste like the only Big reds I've done from kits that are drinkable are the WE Eclipse Cab (at 15 months it is super good, was weird from 9-12 months had 2 bottles then, but was good from 6-8 months 2 bottles then) and the discontinued Kenridge founders series Aussie riverlands Shiraz (not as oaky as the cab but super smooth at 14 months, I'd say I prefer it to the cab but probably because it isn't around anymore).

You guys are awful..

and the discontinued Kenridge founders series Aussie riverlands Shiraz (not as oaky as the cab but super smooth at 14 months, I'd say I prefer it to the cab but probably because it isn't around anymore).

That's great to know that you like the KR Founder's Shiraz! Didn't know much about these when I purchased one for a great deal after they were discontinued. It's been bulk aging since September, will probably bottle in by June and leave it alone for another 6 months after that before trying it.

Back