Hello

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegionRat

Reaction score
Hello all. I am from the Chicago area. I have been trying my hand at wine making for the last few month. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on about wine making. I have also watched every video on Youtube I can find. Most of all I have found and read most of this forum.

My first batch of wine, mostly to get comfortable with all the gadgets and a feel for the chemistry, was a simple batch of Welches Grape Juice from: Winemakers Recipe Handbook - Raymond Massaccesi. I find his recipes a good starting point. I also use the Jack B. Keller, Jr. site. The local wine making store is also very helpful.

Right now I have in carboys aging;
5 gal Strawberry
3 gal Pomeranian
6 gal Pineapple
3 batches of apple wine
2 gal Raspberry, 1gal watermelon
1 gal Cantaloupe
3 gal batch Alexander's Sun Country Concentrates Cabernet Sauvignon
3 gal Alexander's Sun Country Concentrates Zinfande
and I am sure there are a few I am not mentioning.

I just wanted to thank all you you in advance for answering most of the question I am going to be asking in the future.

Oh, and before anyone asks, that is not a fancy transfer pump and canister filter in the back ground. It is part of the plumbing for the hot tub on the deck out back.

Steve

wine.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome! Seems you are like me. Trying your hand has turned into looking for 300 empty bottles. I look forward to seeing the progression from this photo.

Good times!

So true

Its so funny, I walk around doing life and see every day items and say to my self, "I could ferment that"

Welcome! Seems you are like me. Trying your hand has turned into looking for 300 empty bottles. I look forward to seeing the progression from this photo.

Good times!

WOW!! For just trying your hands at it,,looks to me you've been bitten!! Welcome and ask away!:b

Back