Hello one and all.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new to winemaking and am here to gain as much knoweldge about this as possible. I just ordered my beginners kit from this store and cant wait to recieve it to start making my own wines.

Scuba

Welcome Scuba, Hope you enjoy good company cause thats what your gonna get here! Feel free to ask any questions you have and post some pics of your self and your wine if you have the time. What wine kit did you pick?

The Kiwi Pear Sauvignon Blanc,
Cant wait to get it and start it off.
smiley1.gif

An Island Mist (IM) that I have not tried yet but sounds good. An early drinker and a good 1st kit to learn on. It will teach you all the basics (need to knows) like using a hydrometer and following instructions. The hydrometer is a wine makers most important tool and is fragile so handle with care!Do you have a local store near you where you can purchase stuff like this, if not , when you get a chance, get spare hydrometer and racking cane. Trust me on this!

Ill take your advice and pick some up later and no the nearest shop is like a 45min drive.

Welcome Scubaman.

I have made the Kiwi Pear Suavignon kit. It is one of the sweeter kits out there, but I can't say for sure how well it ages. All the ladies drank it up before it was six month old and most of it within a couple months. One of my sisters loves sweet wine(although I think also a semi-sweet with a lot of flavors) and that was her favorite. I bget she drank over half of it alone!

Good luck and have fun making it. Check back in often!

Welcome Scubaman, looks like you made it over here. I think you will really like it here. This is a great group to hang out with. Look forward to hearing about your first batch.
smiley32.gif

Welcome Scubaman,

I know what you will be doing on the weekend, if not Friday night!!!

You are going to love this hobby!!!

And this forum.

Ramona

Latest posts

Back