Hello from SW Michigan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rootedmotion

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I sat down at work today and wanted to see what else was going on outside the cellar and I found this forum. Always looking for ways to continue learning about wine. Currently I am an asst. winemaker at a winery here in southwest michigan. I look forward to getting to know some people on here and learning a lot!

Welcome. Always great to have another member here. Glad you stumbled upon us.

We have a wonderful bunch here and there's always something going on. What have you made so far? Clue us in.

Well, working in a cellar I have made a lot of different wines this year. The first wine i made on my own was a Black Current desert wine and a Maribelle plum desert wine.

So far I have been working on:
Asian pear table and desert wine
Apple demi sec

Whites:
Chardonnay
Gewurztraminer
Muscat
Riesling
Tram

Reds:
Cab Franc
Cab Sauv
Chambourcin
Merlot
Petite Verdot
Pinot Noir
Syrah
Pinot Rose

All of the reds are aging besides the Pinot Rose

Great! Glad you found us.. Now we can pick your brain as well... hehe:b

Thanks for all the welcomes! I see there is a big group from PA on here?? I went to school in Latrobe, Pa.

Be sure to check out all the cool stuff on the Home Page here. The Map, recipes, Tutorials, Wikipedia etc. Lots of good info.

Went to school in Latrobe, see it's a small world.

Rooted,

Welcome to the site. Great to see another West Michigan member. Especially one with winery connections.

thanks for all the welcomes!

The winemaker and I went down to our storage today to check on the aging reds. Spent all morning tasting our '09 and '10s. Everything is right on where its supposed to be! It was a good morning. Now running free SO2 tests and will be topping all of them tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back