hello from ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevo

Reaction score
hello everyone,have been reading posts on this site for a while and decided to jump in,great bunch of people...have made some wine in the past, really didnt know how till i read up on this forum ,i have 15 gallons of pinot noir from juice buckets in the demi right now fermenting has finished i believe although it is still bubbling a little through the airlock, i assume this is just gasses escaping? any suggestions on what to add next would be appreciated, thank you everyone..

Welcome!
Whats the gravity?
Is it still in the primary?
When did you startit...

Details needed...

started fementing in buckets 30 days ago ,racked all into demijohn 2 weeks ago the reading at that time was 090

by the way tom i moved out here with my job about a year ago from union county n.j. really miss going to beach.....

Welcome to another Ohioan! People are going to think we have a drinking problem here!

I think you mean the SG was at 0.990 and not 0.090. Did you de-gas the wine thoroughly when you racked? Your fermentation could be finished (and at 0.990 sounds like it is) and there could be some residual CO2 trapped in the wine.

your rite rocky i meant sg, also i did not degass as i did not know about this process,i have made wine a few times from juice and added nothing, a little raw but a few were ok

by the way tom i moved out here with my job about a year ago from union county n.j. really miss going to beach.....

Yea love the "shore"
(we don't say "beach" here in NJ)

Welcome to a great forum! Lots of great people and information here!

Welcome stevo, is that a Regina Pinot Noir. I've made Pinot Noir several times. Really good.
If you degas your wine it will clear faster.

Steve welcome to the forum. You're kinda close to a lot of the members from Butler and Steeler Nation. Love to have you meet up with us sometime when we have a wine party or meet for lunch. A lot of us head over your way to Luva Bella's on Rt 224 just a few miles east of the PA line. They sell a lot of juice and wine supplies.

i just checked my sg and it is at .0990 i did not degass the mix when i racked should i do that now?or will it be exposed to too much air,

Steve welcome to the forum. You're kinda close to a lot of the members from Butler and Steeler Nation. Love to have you meet up with us sometime when we have a wine party or meet for lunch. A lot of us head over your way to Luva Bella's on Rt 224 just a few miles east of the PA line. They sell a lot of juice and wine supplies.

that sounds great,i got this juice on rt 422 wine makers headquarters in niles,will have to check out luva bella do they sell supplies as well as juice?

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. I'm not too far away from you. Yes they do sell a limited amount of supplies.

that sounds great,i got this juice on rt 422 wine makers headquarters in niles,will have to check out luva bella do they sell supplies as well as juice?

Yes they do sell supplies and if you like Better Bottles, they are very reasonable. They also have a web site you can check out their prices.

I've also been to Wine Makers Headquarters up from the Eastwood Mall. They have a nice selection. Another place not too awfully far from you is Leeners (check out their web site) heading up toward Cleveland.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Ohioan....I am in Hamilton.....also new to the forum, but I enjoy it very much. Have you degassed your wine yet, or do you still have questions about that process.

I am going to degass after secondary fermentation is complete on advice from my local supplier..

Latest posts

Back