Hello from northwest pa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eriewineguy

Reaction score
Just found this site this past week and have been spending many hours exploring. Been making wine for only about a year now, and have roughly 30 gallons currently going, and have finished about 10. Obviously still in the learning phase but doing well. Lucky to have wineries nearby to buy juice from and also have a local supplier for Chilean juice. Have not done a kit yet. 0n my first batch of mead.

I hope to be fairly active in this group. Looking for feedback and help with unique recipes to supplement the traditional wines.

Welcome aboard! Where is Erie at? Hey if you want a great kit to get started with Presque Isle has some that will be ready in six week. They would be ready for summer time drinking.

Thanks everyone. Erie is in the far northwest corner of Pa, about equidistant from buffalo and Cleveland. Right in the heart of the Lake Erie grape region. I am familiar with presqque isle wineries...I got some Chilean wine from there last spring. What kits do they carry. ?
Li

Li, they have the RJ Spagnol line of kits. For a fast drinker that would be ready for this summer I really like the Cranapple Chardonnay. This is one of the few kits I still buy and usually get 2-3 a year. It also makes a great gift as it appeals to a lot of people.

That sounds refreshing for a summer wine...I will have to drive out there sometime and take a look around...I'd like a six week wine! I m actually pretty impatient . But I order 18 gallons of Chilean for April...so I don't want to get over whelmed

Back