New Kit from WE - Pacifica White...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crushday

grape juice artisan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Region:
This unique blend has been sourced from the best of the Pacific Rim wine growing regions. Australia's warm climate produces Semillon of outstanding character. The cooler climate of Chile makes a smooth and well-rounded Chardonnay, while the similar temperatures in New Zealand achieve an explosive, intense Sauvignon Blanc. The Viognier is sourced from the US Pacific Northwest where the marine influences contribute to the perfect growing conditions for this grape. The blend of these 3 regions reign supreme and will not disappoint!

The Wine:
Staying true to our last release of Pacifica White, this wine showcases bright fruit and excellent structure. The Viognier offers flavors of peach and honeysuckle. The Semillon lends aromas of vanilla and butterscotch, while the Chilean Chardonnay adds more tropical fruit and apple-pear flavors. Finally, the Sauvignon Blanc adds the noticeable acidity in addition to the essence of the passion fruit and gooseberry.

Food Pairing:
This wines versatility makes it a match for a variety of dishes! Try it with a spring Pad Thai with green garlic, asparagus, and peas or spaghetti with prawns, chili peppers and garlic. This wine will practically go with just about anything. Or simply enjoy sipping on it solo over great conversation or other relaxing activities.

Style: Full Bodied White
Body: Full
Oak: None
Sweetness: Off-Dry
Alcohol: 11.5%
Labels Included: TBD

Prior Limited Releases have been best selling Winexpert kits. This year's version, Pacifica Perfection White, is assured to impress our most discerning wine customers. Pacifica White will be a very solid addition to your wine cellars and you won't be able to keep enough on hand for friends and family!!
winexpert-2019-selection-pacifica-perfection-white-wine-making-kit-4.jpg

The Region:
This unique blend has been sourced from the best of the Pacific Rim wine growing regions. Australia's warm climate produces Semillon of outstanding character. The cooler climate of Chile makes a smooth and well-rounded Chardonnay, while the similar temperatures in New Zealand achieve an explosive, intense Sauvignon Blanc. The Viognier is sourced from the US Pacific Northwest where the marine influences contribute to the perfect growing conditions for this grape. The blend of these 3 regions reign supreme and will not disappoint!

Ummm, I had to use the hand that isn't typing, but I counted up to FOUR regions. :?

At least a better copywriter. I think they are trying to say the old get it while you can it might or it might not be a permanent addition to the lineup, depends on demand.

Craig, I realize that I am quoting you from a different thread, but I also had this one in mind. Not only is there the 3 vs. 4 regions problem but:

The blend of these 3 regions reign supreme and will not disappoint!

That should be the "The blend of these 3 regions reigns supreme." As in, "the blend reigns," not "the blend reign."

Is WE in francophone Canada?

Craig, I realize that I am quoting you from a different thread, but I also had this one in mind. Not only is there the 3 vs. 4 regions problem but:

That should be the "The blend of these 3 regions reigns supreme." As in, "the blend reigns," not "the blend reign."

Is WE in francophone Canada?
I think most of the kit manufacturers are from the Toronto area, which if geography memory is still there is in Ontario. But the copy writers might be from somewhere else. It isn't just this one, I don't get most advertising things, like who approved the insurance guy running around with an emu?

Made this one before under a different name same MFG. Something (trilogy) quite nice I'll do this one again.
Bust up the ABV. By a point ,add a hint of grapefruit to give it brightness.

This sounds promising, but I have found the off dry whites to be too sweet for me. Does this have an fpak? If so, maybe it could be added upfront? Thoughts?

When I first read the description, I pondered about the four wine growing areas versus the 3 regions claim. Then I realized that Australia and New Zealand were being considered as being in the same geological world region by WE, south of the equator along close longitudinal lines.

When I first read the description, I pondered about the four wine growing areas versus the 3 regions claim. Then I realized that Australia and New Zealand were being considered as being in the same geological world region by WE, south of the equator along close longitudinal lines.

That occurred to me, too, but I couldn't believe WE would be that parochial. NZ and Australia are much farther apart than, say, SoCal and eastern Washington. But perhaps you are correct, and that does explain it.

This sounds promising, but I have found the off dry whites to be too sweet for me. Does this have an fpak? If so, maybe it could be added upfront? Thoughts?
Made this back when it was called "Pacific Quartet". As you predict, it was too sweet. If I made it again I would add at least 1/2 to 2/3 of the f-pac into primary.

Pacifica is not Pacific Quartet, though the idea is almost identical @Brian55
It was a LE release in 2010, and maybe previously. PQ has been re-introduced (originally made with Vidal instead of Chenin if I recall) at least four times.

Varietals in Quartet are Muscat, Chenin Blanc, Viognier, and Gewürztraminer.
Varietals in Pacifica are Semillon, Chardonnay, Sauv Blanc, and Viognier.

Price should be slightly more than a usual Selection kit, though some stores may mark their kits up to LE prices or more, though it is 16L. Our store was only able to reserve 20 of this and 22 of the Whisky Barrel. They wouldn't release more, so demand pricing may be done some places.

Thanks for the correction. I assumed it was the same based on the obvious similarity, but clearly needed to do some more research.

Regardless of the varietals involved, based on past experience with any kit containing an f-pac, I still recommend adding a good portion of the f-pac into primary unless you're into sweet wine vs. slightly off dry.

Yes, the wine often will feel unbalanced without the F-Pack, though I've found it can still make a perfectly passable wine without, or even with a 1/5th of the contents.

Back