Good Morning from PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Figo

Junior
Reaction score
I figured it was time to say hello! I found this forum about a month ago and have been lurking ever since :h
We have been making wine for about 18 months now, ever since someone at work introduced me to the concept. And as the saying goes; it's a slippery slope! Been hooked ever since! My wife and I have (and mostly do) make wine from kits (all have been Winexpert) with some batches from juice and 1 from a juice and grape combination. We make ~200 bottles a year.
This year I would like to try blending with all grape batches - maybe a CS, CF. Merlot blend. Hopefully I can source the grapes as I live in the Reading, PA area.
In closing I will say that this is the most informative forum that I've found. I've learned so much in such a short period of time and I look forward to learning more as my wine making skills progress (hopefully). Thanks to all of you!

Welcome to the forum and our obsession (sorry hobby). From what I understand, there are several places in Philadelphia area where grapes and grape juice buckets are available during the spring (Chiliean & South Africa sourced) and then again in the fall (California, Washington State, and Italian sourced). I'm sure one of the folks who lives out that way can provide better information than I can about what you have to do to order and pick-up.

Welcome Figo! Not super far away from you as I hail from East Berlin. Now days with so little traffic I think I could get there in an hour and a half with my speedy Corolla. I think Keystone Homebrew Supply in Montgomeryville carries fresh grapes in the Spring and Fall, and I believe they may have frozen must as well. Look into them, and once again welcome to WMT!

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Also, thanks
Procacci Brothers in Phily for fall grapes and Gino Pinto in New Jersey
and
Keystone Homebrew Supply in Montgomeryville
I have bookmarked Procacci and Gino Pinto! I know of Keystone Homebrew. Too bad they closed their Bethlehem location 😡.
I have been dealing with Weak Knee Home Brewing in Pottstown, PA. but I'm always interested in additional sources.
Thanks again!

Back