Hello from Canada :)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiesavoie

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Jamie and I’m from New-Brunswick, Canada. I only started making wine about 3 years ago when I bought my house. On my property there were 1 pear tree, 1 apple tree, 7-8 yellow plum tree, 1 red plum tree and a couple of small cherry tree. The pear tree gives ALOT of pears and I didn’t know what to do with them so that’s how I started to make wine :)

Last year I’ve also made wine from grapes for the first time. My neighbour’s father had some grape vines and he doesn’t use them so I took them home and fermented them ;)

This weekend I plan on doing a little batch of sumac wine, and raspberry wine. Also I plan trying making hard cider (Apfelwein) when the apples will be ready.

Last month I’ve made my first beer, it was only a kit (festa brew, wheat ale). It’s a pretty good beer. Most likely in the future I plan on make beer “from scratch” though.

This winter I plan on building a cellar and a working bench since this hobby is bigger and bigger hehehe

Cheers everyone, this place look super awesome and loaded with information!

:b

Last edited:
Welcome to the WMT Forums!
20110803_181507_kgo_057.gif

This weekend I plan on doing a little batch of sumac wine, and raspberry wine. Also I plan trying making hard cider (Apfelwein) when the apples will be ready.:b

Hey Jamie! Welcome to the forum! Sumac wine huh?? Does not sound tasty to me but more porwer to you.. ha ha when I was a kid I used to get paid to cut that stuff down.. Good luck and again welcome!

Welcome Jamie to a great forum - sounds like you're well hooked on this hobby. You'll enjoy it when you build your cellar/bench and there's lots of help and advice on here for you.
Lots of rain this week!!

Hey Jamie! Welcome to the forum! Sumac wine huh?? Does not sound tasty to me but more porwer to you.. ha ha when I was a kid I used to get paid to cut that stuff down.. Good luck and again welcome!

Sumac makes an very good lemonade too! they're plenty around here so might as well try :D I will only start with a small batch though.

also someday I want to try wine made with Highbush Cranberry. Picked after a frost they are very good. Natives in the east used it alot, they were even used as currency

Welcome Jamie post a copy of that sumuc wine we have a ton of sumuc around here

Welcome Jamie post a copy of that sumuc wine we have a ton of sumuc around here

actually I've found the recipe on this forum :D
I can't post the link yet because I'm under 5 posts, but just do a search for "Staghorn Sumac wine"

Welcome Jamie to a great forum - sounds like you're well hooked on this hobby. You'll enjoy it when you build your cellar/bench and there's lots of help and advice on here for you.
Lots of rain this week!!

great forum indeed! I've only found this site a couple of weeks ago and I've already learned alot! gotta love the internet :r

as for the weather, we had an unusual cool spring and lots of rain this summer + huge thunderstorms. a month ago we had hails the size of a golf ball! :eek:

Back