Hello everyone!

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

BiffTannins

Junior
Reaction score
I have been making wine for 5 years now. My grandfather made it, my father makes it. It is something we always did.

I have made 200+ gallons of wine from California juice buckets and recently discovered wine kits. I just did about 5 of those recently.

I discovered this forum a few months ago and love reading the advice that members here have.

The wine I made last September is a year old now and this is the first year I can say it came out the way I wanted it to; It tastes like a decent commercial wine.

Every year I always learn a few new things about winemaking. I hope to learn more and even give some advice from things I have learned.

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi BiffTannins

Welcome to winemakingtalk

Johny99

Reaction score
Welcome. Mimicking a decent commercial wine is a good step. Now, focus on making what you love! Have fun.

bkisel

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

You've a twist on wine making... Many (most?) of us start with kits and then "graduate" to juice buckets.

BiffTannins

Junior
Reaction score
I never knew that kits existed until recently, haha. They are nice because you can start them when you want. When you get 8 juice buckets, you are doing 8 wines at the same time. A lot of work.

bkisel

Reaction score
I never knew that kits existed until recently, haha. They are nice because you can start them when you want. When you get 8 juice buckets, you are doing 8 wines at the same time. A lot of work.
I have two friends that have that MO for making wine. I refer to them as "binge" winemakers.