Hello all. We're in Pittsburgh.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to WineMakingTalk. I'm about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh and we have a handful here that live in and close by Pittaburgh.

Welcome to the forum, Fattoriaduecani. What part of Pittsburgh? I am originally from Forest Hills. Left the Pittsburgh area in '76.

Dad worked at the Westinghouse in Forest Hills and MIL lived just off Rt 30 in Forest Hills. I left in 85 and came back in 90 and left again in 2003.

I still miss it.

We're in the North Hills area, and have been making wine for about 15 years. My sister in law bought a wine kit for me years ago because she thought that, since I like to drink wine, I might enjoy spending time in the basement making it. We'll, she was right!

We're in the North Hills area, and have been making wine for about 15 years. My sister in law bought a wine kit for me years ago because she thought that, since I like to drink wine, I might enjoy spending time in the basement making it. We'll, she was right!

Well you are not to far from a handful of us on here. I am planning on having a wine party the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I would it if you could make it.

Is there any other kind of wine party? :)

We have some very talented people making wine in the Pittsburgh area. Welcome to the site!

Greetings. I'm a resident of SW Virginia and interested in starting a small home vineyard. Right now I'm trying to learn as much as I can and decide what variety(ies) would be best suited for my location. I hope to be able to produce vintages of about 25 gallons.

Welcome to you, too, Jeff. However, I think you might want to start your own thread for your questions. You could start one of your own to introduce yourself, for that matter!

welcome aboard i live right in the city
what part of the burgh are you from
tim

That sounds like it would be fun! Is this a homemade wine party?

Yes it is. My husband and I supply the meat, you guys bring a covered dish, any wines you we ant to share and or trade. If you don't have any to trade that's fine you will be taking a few bottles home with you.

Lol and this years party we will be tasting some late 1990's Muscadine wine!

Latest posts

Back