Greeting From York Pennsylvania

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey1273

Reaction score
Hey Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I just joined and have not made any wine yet but its been something I have thought about for a while. My brother brew his own beer so that sparked my interest again.
So I took a 2 hour beginner class this weekend and thought I really wanted to do this. Today ordered a starter kit, floor corker, bottle drying tree and bottle washer today. so soon after that arrives I am going to go to the local store and get a wine pack and get going.

Hi Mikey1273, Welcome to WMT. Great "bunch" of people here, always willing to help. Tons of info also. Enjoy the hobby. Bakervinyard

Welcome from a neighbor. Are going to the meeting Wed.

What meeting is that?

And thanks for the welcome.

Ok I have not tried to make any yet but I think I want to try a fruit wine from scratch after I do a kit or two

Did you take the class at mr Steve ? We have a nice wine club that meets once a month at the store at 7:30 we will be there tomorrow evening. We all bring a bottle of and a snack. We always have a great time.

Did you take the class at mr Steve ? We have a nice wine club that meets once a month at the store at 7:30 we will be there tomorrow evening. We all bring a bottle of and a snack. We always have a great time.

yes I did take a class at Mr Steve. I didn't know that. now that my equipment is going to be here Thursday I might stop in for a bit to pick up a wine kit and stay some.

That be great. Brian will be there, he most likely taught the class. He is a great guy.

That be great. Brian will be there, he most likely taught the class. He is a great guy.

yes Brian did lead the class...seems very nice. This seems like a very nice and productive hobby. I am planning to not buy wines anymore after I'm going. Use my wine for my own drinking and as gifts.

Hopefully I will be successful like my brother has been with beer... every batch gets better for him.

I have been making for a little over a. Year, mainly kits but now juice buckets. Right now is the time to order Chilean juice. Harford vineyard is taking orders now.

Welcome fellow Pennsylvanian. Don't hesitate to buy a juice bucket. The opportunity only happens twice a year and it's really not much harder than a kit. And only $50.00.

Joe

Welcome fellow Pennsylvanian. Don't hesitate to buy a juice bucket. The opportunity only happens twice a year and it's really not much harder than a kit. And only $50.00.

Joe

I will have to ask about them I think Mr Steve's does a group buy on them. I am probably going to the wine club meeting tonight so its something to ask about.

I didn't make it to the meeting last night.... got called to work in the evening too. I do want to try for next month.

I am curious about the juice bucket thing and how to make wine from one. I want to learn about that.

Here is a link to Harford winery www.[B]harfordvineyard[/B].com It is time to order now for the end of April to mid May delivery. They have info on there site to help you but this is the best place for info. right here. Everyone here is great. Don't worry about not making the meeting, I sampled enough wine for both of us.

Hartford Md is easier for me to get to. So how does it come? in a bucket I'm sure but is it regrigerated or frozen? with the skins and everything but seed and stems?

So I would have to choose and add my own bentonite yeast and clearing agents. I think I get the idea for what to do.

I got my equepment last night. I finished puting the corker togther and checked out all the other items. My kit did not come with a wine thrief and test vial so I guess I will just float the hydrometer in the bucket for now. I plan to get a kit and start my first batch this weekend. I'm sure to have questions but maybe not until farther on.

Hartford Md is easier for me to get to. So how does it come? in a bucket I'm sure but is it regrigerated or frozen? with the skins and everything but seed and stems?

It will come in a refrigeratored plastic pail. You will be expected to pick it up about as soon it comes in because the dealer must keep it cold. My experiance is only with whites, there are no skins or seeds.

Latest posts

Back