Grape Skin Packs Available!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,
First off, my apologies, I reread my posts and it does have the feel that I am attacking you, it really wasn't my original intention. I've received a message from another member telling me just how helpful you have been to him, and I realized that it wasn't fair to you to condemn you opinion.

Tony, Merlot was recommend due it being more of a middle of the road type that won't change the character of the wine like Cab Sav for instance, Cab can have the more pronounced Cab Franc like "green pepper" notes, something that I really do not want in my traditional Italian Reds..LOL!

Tom, Mike and Tony,

I have read and re-read the posts and I don't see any conflict, rather an honest exchange of ideas and opinions. I also want to say that you three guys are among my favorites on this forum. "Can't we all just get along?" Like my Grandfather used to say, "Don't make me take my belt off!"

Were all good. It can be hard to judge just how things are being said and or meant when all you have is the dry written text to go on. Things can be misconstrued. I think that happened in this case. I am a big fan of grape packs and always have been. :sm

Looking forward to seeing how things turn out with this new source!

Do you think that any of these grape skins would go well with a Pinot Noir? I am trying to keep the flavor as true as I can....

My guess is no. None of the high end kits that put out a Pinot Noir come with any form of skin or even raisins. Even the new 18L Eclipse NZ Pinot Noir doesn't have any. There must be a reason.

Spoke to Rich at BWH today.
He has had a tremendous increase in demand for the grape packs and has 100 each coming next week.

Wish I had seen this thread before. Rich and B&W Hobby are my LHBS. He's about a 5min drive for me. I was talking to him about the Kamil juices he carries and I'm thinking of trying one in the near future.

Back