Good Yeast for concord concentrates?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sp33dymonk3y

Reaction score
So I have fallen in love with the taste of concord wines.. And now is the hard part, what is the best yeast for grape concord wine, apple concord?

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Yeah I have used Lalvin 71b quite a bit which I heard it is mostly for fruit wines. Do you make much concord wines?

Ah okay, if you don't mind me asking what sorts of concords have you made? And how did they turn out?

Well to be honest, my concords so far have been made from (gulp) Welches frozen concentrate. I have never been disappointed.

Yeah that's how I've been making my in it's, Welchs Concorde are just how me and my wife like it..

I have made wine with fresh fruits which is great to, but this is defently a lot cheape and still is great wine for our Taste

White grape? Yeah I did I didn't like it much. But then again I had Pasteur red yeast which is for dry reds. So I don't think the white grape and red yeast didn't mix good together lol

I have a question, which is better for making into wine? Old orchard or Welchs? I've never tried old orchard..

Yeah we do to, it usually is gone by the time I bottle it! Now if I was making pure fresh grapes into a nice fancy wine I wouldn't drink it like I do the Welchs wine.. That gets to expensive haha

Also, I use like 4 cans 11.5 oz per gallon. Never made a 5 gallon but my next batch I will be.. So that would be like 20 cans for a 5 gallon.. I have seen people using 12 cans for 5 gallons.. How many would u suggest for 5 gallons

I use 17cans concentrate, 45 cans water, sugar to 1.100. Once it ferments to dry I add 2 or 3 (depending on taste) cans concentrate (no water) sugar to taste. Everyone loves it.

How much sugar do you usually add? Or do you go straight with the concentrate and less water for the sugar?

Thank you for the post man, I've Ben making many 1 gallon frozen concentrates. Just was wondering if many people do it in 5 gallon because I want to make it in a 5 gallon batch.

I have a question, which is better for making into wine? Old orchard or Welchs? I've never tried old orchard..

images

Latest posts

Back