Good News - I Have Tennis Elbow

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope your lateral epicondylitis eases up with the shots.
You may have to move to a pnuematic corker

I just use my aches and pains as an excuse to drink more.
Elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, lower back....
everything needs at least one good drink each.

Need to get one of those lil oil cans like the Tin Man had, just fill it with booze instead!

LOL

:u

I got it yesterday. It's heavier that I thought. but I guess that's good. It appears to be very well made. Four bolts and it is togeather. I had to adjust how far into the bottle the cork went and then I was ready. Just 1 gal of Chianti. I seemed as thought the corks jumped into the bottle. Very neat. I work it with the right arm, its the left arm that is sore and it still hurts like heel. But the corker is great. Getting tennis elbow was a good thing. I just hope that the pain goes away soon. I wear a brace during the day and a heating pad a nite. :b

Lurker, get a piece of plumbing tape and wrap it around the threads so the spacer nut stays put better. I use mostly Bordeaux bottles and they are the same but some different bottles have a wider head and corks don't go all the way in.

Before I cork a take a paper towel with k meta and wipe the jaws down especially inside the cork chamber. Once done I'll wrap it up like a cork and press it thru as one final sanitizing motion then cork away.

Enjoy

thought I remebered somewhere seeing a gun that shot corks.

Granted, you would have to be a pretty good shot. But it is a thought.

Actually you couldnt aim at the bottles sideways, because the contents would pour out.

You would have to fire your cork gun from standing above.

You would still need to be a good shot. If you miss, it could richottet and you could end up putting your eye out.

Who knew winemakingcould be so dangerous.

Poor Richard, all he wanted to do was make a little wine, now he cant even play tennis!!

Oh the Irony!

LMAO
:)
Wow, a lot of thought went into that Troy. The clossest I ever got to tennis was knip-kinop. Oh, you never heard of knip-kinop? Well that's what we usd to call ping pong, just think about it. A through the wall air conditioner went today. I couldn't even get it ur with this elbow, I had to hire 2 guys to get it out for me. Now that's a bulb breaker. Oh well, at least there is plenty of wine. :b

Got you back Richard!!! I hope it feels better. I slept on my shoulder wrong about a week ago and that SOB still hurts like hell.

I wish I could say it was corkers shoulder.!!!

;)

Maybe you two need to do like the old timers out here in Nebraska did when they had a pain which was get out the can of WD40 and spray the joint that hurts

I already suggested the lil oil can like Dorothy had for the tin man, I need to get one for myself.

LOL

Either tyhe teflon tape or a drop of Locktite non-Permanent on the threads. Its good stuff that will hold our nut from moving but will loosen when you want it to.

Got you back Richard!!! I hope it feels better. I slept on my shoulder wrong about a week ago and that SOB still hurts like hell.

I wish I could say it was corkers shoulder.!!!

;)

Troy, A new corker helped me, maybe you need a new bed for your bed shoulder. :b

Lurker, get a piece of plumbing tape and wrap it around the threads so the spacer nut stays put better. I use mostly Bordeaux bottles and they are the same but some different bottles have a wider head and corks don't go all the way in.

Before I cork a take a paper towel with k meta and wipe the jaws down especially inside the cork chamber. Once done I'll wrap it up like a cork and press it thru as one final sanitizing motion then cork away.

Enjoy
The tape aounds like a good idea Steve. Another friend said to replace the nut with an aviation nut. But the nut is so stiff it seem like it will never drift.

Maybe you two need to do like the old timers out here in Nebraska did when they had a pain which was get out the can of WD40 and spray the joint that hurts
JT, WD40 and duck tape are my favorite tools. :b

Dan, What the devil are you talking about? :i

Rich, I would hate to see you wear out the good arm now or re-injure the other one from repetitive motion. Just thought it might be good for you to switch one in a while instead of over doing it. Looking out for you bubby!!!:p

Back