Glycerine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
<DIV id=post_message_13352>Been some talk on Glycerine. Where can you buy in bulk? Like by the Ltr or 1/2 gallon.

Hi tepe,well you can get it at Richland supplies , Buenastraight down route 40........................as for Gary if you call856-679-1720............................

Joeswine, Hear tell all chilean juices will be in by end of week.

I heard our wine club member Bob M ordered 35+ 6 gallon buckets of juice.
smiley3.gif

They will all be in including the grapes by this week end,Sunday is my time frame I have voigner juice plus grapes,cab plus grapes Shiraz,plus grapes and pino noir plus grapes,,,,THINKING outside the box,,,,,,what I call a mini crush first theres the juices and then I add 18lbs of pressed grapes to add to the pot ,I think this will give the product a deeper and more flavorful taste as well as better mouth feel at least thats the theory. what say you all????????????

HMmm..

TIME will tell. I am picking up my 12 buckets Sunday AM.

Are you going to press then add that to the juice or are you going to crush the grapes and add that- more of a natural red process. Let it ferment and then press. That would add more to the tannins and stucture of the must. Sounds good to me.

tepe said:
HMmm..

TIME will tell. I am picking up my 12 buckets Sunday AM.

Tepe I'm hoping to pick up about a dozen buckets this weekend too. The only thing is they will be 5 gallon buckets with about 25 vines in each one to plant. Then I get to grow them for 3 or 4 years before picking anything from them. I like your shortcut method!
smiley4.gif
Let's see now 12 x25= 300. I will need to do that4 or5 times this spring to get them all planted.........
smiley5.gif
Anybody want to help?

300 vinesWOW thats alot of work! How many feet or rows will you need for them?

The 300 vines is only part of the 13-1500 vines going in- depending on how many I let get bigger from my nursery. It is about 2 acres worth of vines. and will yield 10-20 tons when they are full grown. The 300 vines is just for this weekend- if I can get them planted in between showers.

And what are you gonna do with 10-20 TONS of grapes... Convert that into gallons of must

That's the next step.........................
I practiced with 2 tons or so this year. Depending on severity of the freeze this last winter, I could double that 2 plus tons to 5 tons or more this year. If I don't have the Farm Winery license for this year I will expand grape and juice sales.

For those of you who dont know and are interested George sells the glycerin by the gallon which Smurfe pointed out.
<table ="Catalog" id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td ="table" align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">6200B </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5C6200A_SM.JPG
</td>
<td width="20%">

Glycerin

1 Gallon</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$49.99</td></tr></t></table>

Ya know I looked and saw 2 pictures of 4oz bottles. I then thought that it was entered 2X. Where I made a mistake is I did not read the description. of the 2nd one. Must have not had a clear head at the time.
smiley12.gif

APPLE MAN, my intent was to press them and add them ,juice and all to the 6 gallon batch,,letting them set 3 days or so,and extract them out of the mix????? sound ok.................

Latest posts

Back