WineXpert German Müller-Thurgau

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhunkele

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this yet? It's from the Winexpert Selection International Series. It looks like they also have another kit with the same name under the Value Series. Both are Gold Medal Winners.

This may be my next batch...

I bottled mine a month ago. Have not tried it yet as I am waiting until June to drink. I think it will be good.

I made that kit a few years ago. It should turn out really nice for you. It does have a nice nose and great taste with a sweetness level that works really well with the wine.

I made the World Vinter version and bottled a couple of months ago. I had an early bottle a couple weekens ago and loved it.

Does this SI kit have a flavor pack with it? Some of the equivalent VR kits don't have them.

Does this SI kit have a flavor pack with it? Some of the equivalent VR kits don't have them.

Yes, this kit comes with an F-Pack. I made this kit last year (still have a couple of bottles left). It's not bad, but I probably won't make it again, I just prefer the dryer whites.

Peace,
Bob

I made this Muller-Thurgau last winter. As I was unfamiliar with that variety, I wasn't sure what to expect. Like an earlier poster, I tend to go for whites that aren't quite this sweet. It's the sweetest wine kit I've made thus far...and have consequently shared it freely with my friends. I still have a few bottles. May try it again next summer to see if my tastes have changed at all.

Cheers, SVA

I, too, have made the Selection version of this kit. As other posters have noted, it is more on the sweet side, but I've found that it's not overpoweringly sweet. It's definitely great for hot days!

I made this one. It has a really great flavor so I'm making it again because everyone loved it.

I started this in January. In May it was tested and ok. This month it's fantastic and eve one says wow! You made this? My wife has gone through 1/2 the collection already (parties, friends house, beach...). I might do this again or try the luna blanca or pacific white. But it's on the repeat list.
I hid a case of this out of site so it might have a chance to reach it's full potential.:n :)

Spagnols offered this kit as one of their RQ's in early 09 and I made it - it included an F-pack and elderfowers. I added the former but not the latter, since I read that the elderflowers made it overly perfumy. It has been a very good off-dry wine and is always a favourite with company. It was drinkable quite young and has stayed wonderfully consistent since then - I now have one or two bottles left. When you ready I would suggest drinking it at room temperature as the bouquet and taste are quite muted when chilled.

I went with the Selection International Series and started it on 7-12. My SG was 1.090 and it fermented dry to .992, after adding the f-pack my FG is 1.000. Tried a small sample and thought it had a very nice flavor at this point to which I would say was more dry than sweet. I was also surprised to see for that for the most part the elderflowers just dissolved!

Latest posts

Back