WineXpert Fwk verse winexpert

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a meeting today on this subject, and we decided the criticisms and concerns voiced here were very constructive. Thanks for the advice and for the view point of the winemaker. We will update our instructions to list everything in every add pack, update packet labels with more info, add a UPC barcode, nutritional information and, note allergens. All of this makes sense from the maker's perspective. We strongly agree with holding true with transparency and we appreciate your loyalty and feedback. It is much appreciated.
Matteo
Has this happened yet?

Even if it has, they have to work through old stock.

And really? I'm more concerned about not getting the stupid pull-tab to work. Ever!
I opened a FWK bag a couple of days ago. I forgot about the issue with the pull tabs and the very specific instructions and just gave it a yank and it came off just fine. Not sure if it's been improved or if I just lucked out!

I opened a FWK bag a couple of days ago. I forgot about the issue with the pull tabs and the very specific instructions and just gave it a yank and it came off just fine. Not sure if it's been improved or if I just lucked out!
The last couple I started were much better. But then again, after the issues with early batches I have gotten into the habit of using pliers at the base of the pull tab so not to take any chances.

I've not come up with a good explanation of "kit taste", but it's a harsh flavor that override's the wine's normal flavor. IME, all wines with kit taste have the same off-flavor.

When eliminating all other possible causes, kit wine taste appears to be connected to the concentrate production. @Matteo_Lahm states the problem is solved by not pasteurizing the concentrate -- while I lack the knowledge to say that is correct, the fact is that FWK's process works to prevent kit taste. I'm not worried about the "why", just the "what", so I accept his statement as correct.
One thing about kit taste. Not everyone can taste it. If you can’t, your good to go!

Would be a lot easier if he opened a plant in Italy. Could cover a lot of territory from there!
Europe is slightly bigger than USA but if we exclude Russia (which we should) and only consider the European Union. Its area is roughly half of that of USA (~45%) but the pupulation is bigger in the EU (450 vs 330 millions). Shorter distances and more people, so why not?

Tax’s and transportation would kill the company or the product of its type 🍷

Back