WineXpert Fruit wine cooler kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatster

Junior
Reaction score
I want to make some fruit wine coolers for the summer. I will make an Advintage Bellissima melon zinfandel blush kit. I want to put it in the small cooler sized plastic bottles with screw on caps. These bottles are sold for these wines. The Advintage site says to consume these wines young as they lose their fruit flavors if aged. My question is if I want these for say July and August when should I put the kit on. How long will they last in the bottles?

I made a few of the W.E. Island Mist Kits in May of 06 and opened one
the other day and I think it was better than ever. I dont think theyre
made to last 2 or 3 years but almost 1 year and it is very good. Not
sire about what your using for bottles though!

I, too, have done wone W.E. Island Mist kits. I have saved them anywhere from a week to a few years. They tasted fine. Actually what I noticed is they didn't seem to 'get better'. They were pretty much good from the get go. I would suggest these kits to anyone who wants to drink quickly.

Though, I never added more sugar to my kits to up the alcohol, maybe if you did that you want to age them more. I'm sure someone on here could hnswer that question.

I have always kicked up the Island Mist kits for the wife and I agree they don't really get better over time due to what is in them.

goatster I see no issue with makingyour kit now for summer consumption.

I also want to try one of these kits and make a bunch for my sons
graduating party. I think they would go over very well.

Are they really similar to say the seagrams or other wine coolers?

Any suggestions on a good kit to try?

I believe Seagram's wine coolers are carbonated and these wine kits are not. I would say they are closer to the Arbor Mist line of fruity lower alcohol drinks.

All of the Winexpert Island Mist kits are good and some of the fan favorites I have made are:

Green Apple Riesling

Kiwi Pear Sauvignon Blanc

Mango Citrus Symphony

I have a Green Apple Reisling that I started a year ago, still tastes fine, I noticed a great improvement in this wine at 5-6 months.
Starting SG 1.056 ending SG .996, before adding F-pack.
Dave

Latest posts

Back