friut juices

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el wino

Reaction score
Question,would 3-gallons of friut juice be enough to make a 5 or 6 gallon batch of wine fromthat friut juice.Like the ones for ex:Ocean Spray cranberry juice,old orchardgrape juice.They come in quart sizes and half gallon sizes...And would itbe enough to give it a full bodied flavor at the end finish wines.

O.K Waldo.I am Just tring to get an averageoverview of the quantity of juice to start with.I see alot of recipes with puonds of the friuts mentioned.And since I am using juices right now,I wondered what 15lbs to 16ls of a fruit would yield.....

If you are using the juices that are ready to drink I would not dilute them...actually.... I would add some frozen concentrate to them to beef them up a bit more.

O.K. I will get some frozen concentrate of the friut I intend to use.....I like a full bodied finish wine.Don't wanna start a recipe without enough ingredients............

el wino said:
O.K. I will get some frozen concentrate of the friut I intend to use.....I like a full bodied finish wine.Don't wanna start a recipe without enough ingredients............

If you just want to use the same fruit juices adding some concentrate of the same fruit type will work good....

I usually use WinExpert Red or white Grape Concnetrates in all my fruit wines...They give it body, flavor and color....

el wine, just make sure the juices do not have sorbate or benzoatew in
the ingredients or you will have a very hard time getting it fermenting
if it even starts. If it contains k-meta in it I would not add any
before ferm.

el wino

I highly recommend that you read Jack Keller's site. Somewhere he talks about how to much is really too much, and can be a bad thing.

I always wanted good, hearty flavorfull wines, but after a year or better in the bottle, I have stuff that will make you pucker..... Big Time!

Thank you ''ll for all the good advice.This forum is great.I appreciate all the quick respones.I will read jack kellers site Jobe05.I take it that you over killed the ingredients so thats why your wine finished on the heavy side.Wade I will read the ingredients on the bottle to see what is in the juice.Northern Winos I have a bottle of the wine expert (red grape)should I use all of it in the primary.(5-gallon batch).....How about a 1/2 gallon of blueberry-black currant juice.I believe I saw that on the shelf at the grocers store............

el wino said:
Northern Winos I have a bottle of the wine expert (red grape)should I use all of it  in the primary.(5-gallon batch).....How about a 1/2 gallon of blueberry-black currant juice.I believe I saw that on the shelf at the grocers store............

We like red wine...a lot. My typical recipes for fruit wines use an average 20 pounds of various fruits and 2 bottles of WinExpert Red Grape Concentrate for a 5 or 6 gallon batch....I would use the whole bottle added to your fruit, it will give it color and will boost the S.G. and you'll use less sugar...more natural sugars to ferment.

Thanks Northern Winos I will do just that use the whole bottle....Hoping to get started on it this weekend.,,,,,,,,,,,gil

Back