Fresh Grape Brands

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I do not remember if this question was ever asked..

My distributer offers a choice of different brands for most grape varietals.

I just wonder if anyone notices the brands they use and what your opinions are of them. Do you feel that there are brands out there to avoid? Are there brand that you snatch up as soon as you see them?

Last edited:
JohnT, I don't remember the brand that we usually bought but it had the word "gold" in it. We used to look more at what from part of California the grapes came. Because we bought mostly Zinfandel, I would guess they came from Lodi in the Central Valley (gasp!). That area had fallen out of favor in recent decades but is making a comeback due to the increase in interest in Zinfandel. Come to think of it, the name may have been "Lodi Gold."

All of our fresh juice buckets are from California, and the brand name is 'Tosca'.

Still bulk aging my first batch from last year, so TBC on quality. There are silver and gold levels. Gold has a small amount of grape skins floating in them.

I purchased "Amador Gold" petit sirah last year. This year will be "Lodi Gold" OV Zin.

The pinot noir from Iron Oaks Vineyards of the Russian River Valley is smelling excellent! Plus, it came with some really good numbers on it.

The pinot noir from Iron Oaks Vineyards of the Russian River Valley is smelling excellent! Plus, it came with some really good numbers on it.

Any idea how someone would be able to get these in Canada? I'm looking to make a nice quality Pinot Noir obviously I wont be buying a ton of grapes. Maybe 12-18 lugs.

You could try contacting M&M grape and see if they will ship to our friends up north. Not sure if PN has harvested yet.

I believe winegrapesdirect ship in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Any idea how someone would be able to get these in Canada? I'm looking to make a nice quality Pinot Noir obviously I wont be buying a ton of grapes. Maybe 12-18 lugs.

Where are you located ?

It appears that SuperStore in Winnipeg has the Lodi Gold line of grapes and fresh juice. Thinking that I might just get a pail. The price certainly is right.

Here in Montreal, Lodi Gold is simple to find every year. I was looking for something a little higher quality than lodi gold.

It appears that SuperStore in Winnipeg has the Lodi Gold line of grapes and fresh juice. Thinking that I might just get a pail. The price certainly is right.

Latest posts

Back