WineXpert Free wine.....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexmor

Reaction score
I have 30 bottles of well made [if I do say so] Wine Expert Luna Bianca which I would be happy to give away to anyone who wants to pick it up [I live in Northern San Diego County, California], or pay the shipping.
I ordered this wine after checking the wine profile in George's catalogue which rated it as 0 sweetness. I found outafter tasting it that it was not a dry wine, and that George had not been able to list it as
semi sweetdue to system limitations [he now hasthat problemfixed].

Iwaited until the wine was ready to drink before making a final judgement,but it is too sweet for my taste, and I don't evenknow anyone who likes semi sweet wines, so would be happy to give it away to anotherone of George's customers [or one of your friends who might live in this area].With his usual outstanding customer service,George has give me the option to refund my money or replace it's value[including corks and wine bottles] with other merchandise.

BTW, I highly recommend the Oregon Pinot Gris. A round and full bodied white.

Free Wine, YAHOOOO
smiley1.gif
, I'm checking Airfares now! Maybe I'll just do one way and stay with my uncle till it's gone, then hitchhike back to the land of Lincoln.

I'm sure there will be some one willing to take it off of your hands.

On second thought, you could barter the wine for something else. In my case it would be baseball tickets for next spring. Craigslist dude.

to bad shipping of liquidds is so expensive as I like sweeter wines but
after shipping one bottle a few states away i know it would cost a
pretty penny to get them here.

Rexmor,
I would be honored to take a few bottles off your hands if you don't mind shipping them. I can Paypal you the shipping and packaging costs in advance if you are up to the hassle of packaging everything up. If not, and you would rather just have someone pick them up I totally understand. Just let me know.
Thanks!!
Kevin

USPS has FREE prepaid Priority mailing boxes...each size box has a flat rate..."If It Fits/It Ships" is their slogan...any weight, as long as it fits in there....Check out the boxes at your local Post Office, should be a box that fits your needs...
Last year I shipped some wine as gifts in regular boxes and it got pretty expensive....guess we really are not suppose to ship booze....BUT?????How does everyone else ship their wine....UPS???

JKsmith said:
Rexmor,
I would be honored to take a few bottles off your hands if you don't mind shipping them. I can Paypal you the shipping and packaging costs in advance if you are up to the hassle of packaging everything up. If not, and you would rather just have someone pick them up I totally understand. Just let me know.
Thanks!!
Kevin

Yeahhhhh what he said I am intrested also.......

I shipped a bottle ups from Ct. to Ar. and it cost me $26 UPS and that was standard 5 day.

Sorry guys.With the hassle of packing and shipping I got more creative in finding a local recipient.There's a very nice oldGerman couplledown the street and I remembered that Germans usually like their wine with a little sweetness.....I asked them, and they are thrilled. Now I guess I can expect to get some homemade Linzer Torte at Christmas.

I'm glad someone got it that will appreciate it. My bet is that you have now made a new friend for life!

rexmor said:
Sorry guys.With the hassle of packing and shipping I got more creative in finding a local recipient.There's a very nice oldGerman couplledown the street and I remembered that Germans usually like their wine with a little sweetness.....I asked them, and they are thrilled. Now I guess I can expect to get some homemade Linzer Torte at Christmas.

Sureeeeee Build us up just to let us down!!! LIke watching the RED SOX Play!! haha
smiley4.gif

From some things I have read, you should not declare it as wine. You should, instead, declare it as "flavor samples for testing - not for resale". I read this advice on a site about entering wine competitions.

As an aside, my wife is very fond of those French vanilla diet syrups made with Splenda. We can order 4 x 1 qt. bottles with < $10 shipping - UPS ground. I also used to belong to the California Wine Club. Every month I got two bottles of wine delivered for $20 to $35, depending on the wine. They couldn't have been paying that much for shipping.

I'm thinking about having my wife start ordering the syrups on-line again, instead of buying locally. I can start saving up the shipping containers (styrofoam shaped for ~750 ml Bordeaux bottle) to use for Christmas gifts next year.

I think he is saying he will collect a few of the Syrup boxes and ship wine in them at or about the cost he paid to recieve the syrup.

redderthebetter said:
I think he is saying he will collect a few of the Syrup boxes and ship wine in them at or about the cost he paid to recieve the syrup.

Exactly. I just looked at a bottle and it is a 750 ml Bordeaux bottle with a screw cap. A wine bottle will fit the packaging perfectly.

Latest posts

Back