Floor Corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish

Reaction score
What would you suggest for a floor corker? Something easy to use and not too expensive.

I agree with Wade. Its going to cost you about an extra $40 over the next cheaper one but its on sale and you have more options with it. There is some controversy on whether or not you can successfully do synthetics with the Portuguese one.

I have an older Port corker that has the brass iris - and i love using it. Although it appears that the new Port corkers have nylon iris's - so i would probably go with the Italian corker.

It's not a floor model but I love the Collonna bench corker/capper. I think a lot of people are turned away from this beauty because it is plastic, well, so is a Glock. it works great and if you ever want to put your skeeter pee in 12oz bottles you can cap them as well.
http://www.finevinewines.com/p-925-6170.aspx

We use the Portuguese corker with the nylon iris ... We've done well over 300 bottles this year and have had no issues with it. Save the money and use it to buy a asperator pump.

Latest posts

Back