Fishing in Montana

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kutya

Reaction score
A friend of mine is a wildlife biologist and sent me this email... This elk was pulled up from the bottom with a fishing pole... FT Peck Lake, MT
20061211_085106_elk.jpg

Wow, now that is fishing! You folks in Montana know how to fish. When you go hunting with a gun do you hunt for woolly mammoth?

Nice Elkfish. I haven't seen one of those that size in a few years. I thought they were only caught in Colorado and Utah. They split off from the Catfish family about three million years ago. Usually they only bite in the warmer months, but this has been an unusual year. Go figure.

I fly fish alot and usually use an elk hair caddis on warmer days. I didn't know they were hatching this time of year. Good luck filleting this catch!
smiley5.gif

Thats one hell of a lure there. What kind of fish do ya catch with that, a whale shark. Is that a Mepps lure or some new brand?
smiley36.gif
What kind of test string was able to reel that up. Must be one heck of a pole to pull that up. Maybe an ugly stick!

Latest posts

Back