first competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks 2 all of you!! what a cool experience!
jon, i may not get to see you next year after all:(
i met a fella who has a bunch of chardonel in the next county!
who knew?, but i got to meet you and the cool folks at st. francois and spend some quality time with my neice. can't beat that!
still looking forward to getting my judges comments...gotta see what do to to improve! i'm betting the beaujolais just needs time!
btw, tues, at the awards, we're supposed to bring something to try...i might take 'em some of my strawberry breeze and tell 'em some chick named julie from PA told me how to make it!!! what do ya'll think, lol lol!

Congrats!

Now comes the hard part. Rationing your award winning wines.

well one is easy...i gave away most of my beaujolais for christmas...i only have 4 bottles left for myself to age:(
the blackberry is a little easier, i have 3 gallon left....i may hoard it, lol!

picture.php
:u

had a great time tonight and met alot of folks with similar interests. now i see why all you PA folks get together so much!
my dad, stepmom, aunt and uncle also came and that made the night even more special!
i'm still not sure about the judges sheets. i will save those questions for another thread, but one judge LOVED the beaujolais. thanks to whomever suggested i make a 3 gallon batch with my suncal beaujolais, instead of the recommended 5 gal., iou

Congrats on the wins, see arent you glad you entered? And you were worried!!!

picture.php
:u

had a great time tonight and met alot of folks with similar interests. now i see why all you PA folks get together so much!
my dad, stepmom, aunt and uncle also came and that made the night even more special!
i'm still not sure about the judges sheets. i will save those questions for another thread, but one judge LOVED the beaujolais. thanks to whomever suggested i make a 3 gallon batch with my suncal beaujolais, instead of the recommended 5 gal., iou

Fancy medals!!

Just think if you'd let these age alittle, maybe you'll take first or second next year.

that's actually a question i wanted to ask...do i let one of these beaujolais age for a year and see if it scores better next year?

Congrats on the medals!!

thanks jon! i had some more of the "local" chardonel tues. night and it was sooo good. i know we got some good grapes, so i can't wait for ours to be ready! i'll probably enter my chardonel in the same competition next year and see how it scores!

Congrats!! That is awesome - if there were some in the St. Louis area I would enter my Strawberry Peach..

Congrats again - you deserve it!!!

Congrats on your win! Also Jon if you find any in the St Louis area let me know. I've been looking

Countrygirl, I think I remember at the beginning of the post that you used a SunCal concentrate. Did you use just the 1 can recipe?

Latest posts

Back